'Horrific act of cruelty': cat survives 13 shots in head

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love cats, prefer them over dogs any day. My 2 cats are strictly indoor cats and only go out if they are on a 10ft run.

Sad thing is, if they catch the person/people that did this they will most likely get a slap on the wrist and thats it.

Idiots

Cats can be a problem, sure they can. Lots of people shoot them, but they shoot feral cats, not peoples house cats. An air rifle can drop a rabbit at most and even still it would have to be a bloody good air rifle with a bloody good shot. So obviously the person who decided they would hunt a house cat with an air rifle is a moron. I don't see hunting of feral species as cruel as i take part in it myself, however if you are going to shoot an animal you do it humanely and for reason. There should be no pleasure taken in hurting an innocent house cat with an air rifle. Worst thing is that the moron who did this probably has a gun license.

Shame on you whoever did this, your no hero, you make responsible gun owners look bad and worst of all you hurt an innocent animal.

Really though Midol, there needs to be a serious deterrent, as perpetrators of this kind of cruelty seem to be getting off with a slap on the wrist or a nominal fine. At least a suspended sentence should be imposed so they have a criminal record...

Care to provide any proof that jail acts as a deterrant?

You won't be able to.

Jail isn't a deterrant so it's only use now is to protect society or to punish. I assume you want to punish him. Are you naive enough to believe that he'll come out reformed? Doubt it. He'll come out worse.

I think the owners should be charged with animal cruelty, what sort of owner would let that happen to their cat? Sure who ever did it is also at fault, but there are always going to be disturbed psychopaths around aswell as sane ppl who would have got it done cleanly in one shot/passing over with tyre. The owner is legally responsible for the care of the cat and possibly the wellbeing of other animals it tortures and kills (this will depend on state legislation).

I dont like cats but I hate animal cruelty.. this is just disgraceful and Id assume its probably kids from the use of an air rifle.. I can imagine what sort of adult this creep or creeps will turn into..
I have nothing against adults using firearms in a responsible way or hunters.. but really cant understand why parents would buy kids air rifles, knowing what kids can be like at times..

Disgusting.

As the article says, there's a direct link between these nut cases and people that go on to harm people later in life.

Potential serial killer fledging!!

i have no problem with people killing cats that roam, my theory is for every cat that gets killed a thousand animals are saved,...but it needs to be done quickly and humanely.
thats revolting behaviour,...i say shoot him in the head 13 times with teh same gun,....!!

i have no problem with people killing cats that roam, my theory is for every cat that gets killed a thousand animals are saved,...but it needs to be done quickly and humanely.
thats revolting behaviour,...i say shoot him in the head 13 times with teh same gun,....!!

I sure hope one of you reptiles doesn't "accidently" get out and the bloke down the road decides to shoot it because he believes the place is better with out them

Its very hypocritical to say that its ok to kill an escaped cat but not to kill an escape reptile

any animal even cane toads ,doesnt deserve to be cruelly killed ..if you are going to kill a feral animal ,give it the same respect you would if you had to euth a pet ...
regardless of what you feel about CATS ...surely you can agree this person/persons are a disturbed bunch and as was said has tendency to be a human risk ..it has been well studied that humans that enjoy animal cruelty ...have a very high % to turn on their own kind ...and thats all we need ..
speaking of cruelty ..the otherday was called to a snake(suppose to be an eastern brown) in a public toilet ...was on my way ,got a call saying it had gotten out on the road and run over ..so I came back home ...then yesterday went to a callout ,in the same area as the call from the other day ..and was told by these people that they had witnessed these workers actually belting to death an eastern brown snake with a shovel ,and it took several blows to kill it ...as you can imagine I AM FURIOUS and have put an official complaint into the council and also reported it to the EPA..wether the EPA follows it up I dont know ,but I do know that the local council is going to follow it up more so then anything due to them ringing me and knowing that a licenced catcher was on the way and the workers were instructed to stay and watch and keep public away, as I was only 20 odd mins from getting there ..obviously they couldnt be bothered to wait killed it and lied about it ..didnt think it would be found out ..how wrong they were and now they have not only broken an EPA protection law but whats pissed off their bosses is they broke the health and safety laws that these councils strongly stick by ..so even if the EPA doesnt follow it up ,they are in big trouble and will be dealt with by thier local council ...

people who do this sort of thing to animals don't deserve then,they must be very SICK in the head to do this kind of thing to any animal

I sure hope one of you reptiles doesn't "accidently" get out and the bloke down the road decides to shoot it because he believes the place is better with out them

Its very hypocritical to say that its ok to kill an escaped cat but not to kill an escape reptile

are u on drugs?
cats that are let out to roam havent 'escaped'
they have been let out by irresponsible owners that let their destuctive pet out night after night with no regard to the chaos teh cause.
obviously it would he better to shoot the owner,....

i guess u wanna save the cane toads too, some animals just shouldnt have been introduced in teh first place,..

if they can do that to an animal they are probably messed up enough to do something similar to another human, i think if there caught they should be locked up for good.

are u on drugs?
cats that are let out to roam havent 'escaped'
they have been let out by irresponsible owners that let their destuctive pet out night after night with no regard to the chaos teh cause.
obviously it would he better to shoot the owner,....

i guess u wanna save the cane toads too, some animals just shouldnt have been introduced in teh first place,..

Exscuse me I never said it was right DID I But Its not OK to say its right for one and not the other

I agree totally that no cats should be let out AT ALL to rome and yes there are irresponsible owners but that is no excuse to just go shooting any thing you want

I am a cat owner and hes an indoor cat but every one stuffs up from time to time and if he got out and some cow boy shot him I tell you I will be after my revenge

As for the cane toad well that's another story and yer they need to be eradicated

You need to remember that there are more snake hatters than cat hatters and if your snake got out would you want some one to just shout it or shovel it because they think it should be dead

To start you thread with "are you on drugs" grow up

im as grown up as i plan to get,..! :p

mistakes are ok from time to time, but all teh irresponsible cat owners i know defend their right to let their cats roam, so its the majority that make the rest look bad. there are tonnes of cats roaming around my area every night and i live right on the bush, it makes me see red.

dont get me wrong, i could never kill one myself, id just bug the pound to come and pick them up so the owner has a chance to learn the right thing to do via financial punishment. :)

It amazes me how interested the media is in animal cruelty, Yes it's bad/wrong and the people who did it should be charged etc but there are many more pressing matters than a frigging cat in Australia:rolleyes::rolleyes:

mistakes are ok from time to time, but all teh irresponsible cat owners i know defend their right to let their cats roam, so its the majority that make the rest look bad. there are tonnes of cats roaming around my area every night and i live right on the bush, it makes me see red.

dont get me wrong, i could never kill one myself, id just bug the pound to come and pick them up so the owner has a chance to learn the right thing to do via financial punishment. :)

So you pretty much have taken on the role of public hero?:rolleyes:

it ok to gaff the guts out of a fish and let it bleed to death on ya boat but if you shoot a cat in the head your a scum bag whats the diff :rolleyes:

LOL no worries Chris

I do agree the majority of cat owners are just idiots:x and have no right to let them just rome and kill

Sorry If I cam across a little harsh:shock: Id just hate for some one to kill my cat on the one time chance he got out

Cheers Lewy

Status
Not open for further replies.