Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samson

Reaction score
Hey guys just wanting to put a question out there to all the albino darwin breeders, thinking of taking the plunge this season and getting one just wanting to know how much everyone is going to be selling their hatchy's for? cause i'm thinking of getting one through snake ranch and wanting to know if your going to match them or maybe even lower:lol:.

Cheers

Thanks everyone

to be honest i have spoken to a few others on this issue and the only conclusion we all come to is that time will tell. the thing people need to realise is that SR is only one breeder and they dont deside the prices for everyone. they may be cheap now 6K on the 20/20 is good but you may put down the deposit get your animals and find that early-mid next year that may be the going price or it could be cheaper... who knows? atleast when you get them from somebody else you get a good choice and get to see the rest of the clutch and all that is available, not just a few to chose from.

6k for just one albino darwin hatchie? thats not cheap. think the going price for a hatchie is around 4k

6k for just one albino darwin hatchie? thats not cheap. think the going price for a hatchie is around 4k

i think you need to read the prices again mate. but i do think 3.5 - 4K is the correct price for these animals

i think you need to read the prices again mate. but i do think 3.5 - 4K is the correct price for these animals
i just read and questioned what you wrote and posted. i wasnt sure if 6k was for one or a pair, hence the question

I wont be surprised when this season the albino prices drop as quick as the GTP prices did last season.

yeah i thought as much, thats the only thing holding me back with snake ranch that you only get shown a few pics instead of a pick of a few thanks jason i think i will hold off even though i'm very impatient:oops::oops:

Thanks all

p.s just another quick question why do they mix blondie and the pheonix albino's instead of having two different clutches?

Hey guys just wanting to put a question out there to all the albino darwin breeders, thinking of taking the plunge this season and getting one just wanting to know how much everyone is going to be selling their hatchy's for? cause i'm thinking of getting one through snake ranch and wanting to know if your going to match them or maybe even lower:lol:.

Cheers

Thanks everyone

This is to all prospective purchasers:::

SR will only have a small number for sale. They will offer for sale HALF their EXPECTED offspring on this 20/20 sale, so no, there will not be a plunge in prices like GTP last season,because
(a) there will not be a breeder in this country with 200 for sale, who will drop under $3000 each and
(b) demand is still extremely high for class 1 animals, let alone the fact they are ALBINO's!!

I mean, where do you get them from??

People who have paid alot for them and are selling them for FAIR money.

You will enjoy them when you buy them.:D

This is to all prospective purchasers:::

SR will only have a small number for sale. They will offer for sale HALF their EXPECTED offspring on this 20/20 sale, so no, there will not be a plunge in prices like GTP last season,because
(a) there will not be a breeder in this country with 200 for sale, who will drop under $3000 each and
(b) demand is still extremely high for class 1 animals, let alone the fact they are ALBINO's!!

I mean, where do you get them from??

People who have paid alot for them and are selling them for FAIR money.

You will enjoy them when you buy them.:D

jeebus.... this post is out of place in these types of threads mate.... common sense like this isnt so common anymore....

I wont be surprised when this season the albino prices drop as quick as the GTP prices did last season.

The thing is that GTPs are on a restricted license in all states. Where as darwins are on a basic permit which allows for a far bigger market to sell to. The price will be a barrier for many but it will drop a lot slower than GTPs and rough scale pythons did. Just my opinion.

In the end, the more albinos that are bred, the more the supply will out way the demand. I think the price will drop a fairly distinct amount over the next 2 or 3 seasons. I hardly reckon that they're worth $6K atm. Jason's close to par with the $3-4k mark.

In the end, the more albinos that are bred, the more the supply will out way the demand. I think the price will drop a fairly distinct amount over the next 2 or 3 seasons. I hardly reckon that they're worth $6K atm. Jason's close to par with the $3-4k mark.

Jason was talking EACH, not a pair. Realistically, $7000 a pair of hatchies is cheap for Albino's, $6000 is just a bargain, and there won't be too many $6000 pairs around. Just PM the breeders, they'll tell you.

The majority of Reputable breeders are still above $4400 each for last years offspring, which are almost yearlings.

Great value if you are worried about getting a good deal, they are established already as opposed to next (this coming) seasons hatchies.

Older animals are still selling above $6000 each rather easily and not many available either.(i know someone who has purchased adults recently, they are worth every cent:shock:)

Who said anything about a pair? I was talking per animal.

Well with greedy people out there breeding over 10 clutches of albinos who are sure to make a decent amount yet threaten to lower the prices due to the numbers they'll be breeding.I wonder if these are pure darwin albinos or crosses,still I doubt just one person breeding in those numbers the price won't be dropping as fast as people think,not like Greens have dropped that's for sure!!

Well with greedy people out there breeding over 10 clutches of albinos who are sure to make a decent amount yet threaten to lower the prices due to the numbers they'll be breeding.I wonder if these are pure darwin albinos or crosses,still I doubt just one person breeding in those numbers the price won't be dropping as fast as people think,not like Greens have dropped that's for sure!!

Will ten breeders breeding one clutch each have any different effect to one breeder breeding ten clutches?

IMO they will be below $2000 towards the end of the seaon, there are alot being produced this season and with the current ecconomic climate people jsut arent spending thatmuch money on anything. lets face it snakes are a luxury item. $4500 is still alot of money for the regular joe-blow and if the breeders are stuck with the animals towards the end of the breeding season the prices will fall, its a bit of a shame that it happens like that but i guess it will help get these great snakes into the hands more and more of the herp community. itll also befunny to see what the"market price" of jags will be with the falling price of albinos i believe the jags will hold a higher price as they have a much higher potenial of earning and deolpment. being a co-dom trait they are easily put over a number of females to multiple half clutches of jags. besides i nearly believe they are a bettr looking mutation and certainly offer alot more diversity of breeding options. id say albinos will start at around to $2500 mark and drop to around $1800, whereas id nearly be certain the jags(the few that there are here) will nearly hold there price of around $8000pair or roughly $5000 for males and $3000 for females(thats what mine will be anyway), i know this basically goes againsteverything i said earlier in the post but for the few thatare produced im certain there will be the passionate enough keepers out there willing to pay the money for these somewhat "new and exciting" animals, whereas the poor old albino darwins are starting there gentle decline down the slippery slope of popularity. itll be interesting to see however as id love them to hold there price but im nearly certain the "other" morphs will be most sought after.

cheers

IMO they will be below $2000 towards the end of the seaon, there are alot being produced this season and with the current ecconomic climate people jsut arent spending thatmuch money on anything. lets face it snakes are a luxury item. $4500 is still alot of money for the regular joe-blow and if the breeders are stuck with the animals towards the end of the breeding season the prices will fall, its a bit of a shame that it happens like that but i guess it will help get these great snakes into the hands more and more of the herp community. itll also befunny to see what the"market price" of jags will be with the falling price of albinos i believe the jags will hold a higher price as they have a much higher potenial of earning and deolpment. being a co-dom trait they are easily put over a number of females to multiple half clutches of jags. besides i nearly believe they are a bettr looking mutation and certainly offer alot more diversity of breeding options. id say albinos will start at around to $2500 mark and drop to around $1800, whereas id nearly be certain the jags(the few that there are here) will nearly hold there price of around $8000pair or roughly $5000 for males and $3000 for females(thats what mine will be anyway), i know this basically goes againsteverything i said earlier in the post but for the few thatare produced im certain there will be the passionate enough keepers out there willing to pay the money for these somewhat "new and exciting" animals, whereas the poor old albino darwins are starting there gentle decline down the slippery slope of popularity. itll be interesting to see however as id love them to hold there price but im nearly certain the "other" morphs will be most sought after.

cheers

Let me get this right, in your opinion, your saying that if Albino's are across the board $2000 each, that your Crosses(few jags) will sell for $5000 to $8000 because the economy is down and jo blow cannot afford luxuries?? Well i reckon most herpers will buy Albinos at that price(I WILL buy 20) and the few jags that are produced won't be as easily moved as you think, especially for that sort of dollars.

Goes back to "legally obtained" and where you got yours from hey.

Can you post a couple of pics of what an $8000 coastal cross looks like, please. I have some money that i never spent on GTP, i'd be interested in a trio.

well i guess a dirty ugly mixed blood hybrid to you isobviously not worth that, to others that would be cheap. its up to opinion mate, there is a definate demand for them especially after the simon stone article in scales and tails(is he being judged for having them or rather admired for being at the leading edgeof herpetology in australia?). the production certainly wont outweigh the demand, i respect your opinion however i thik you may have mine a little confused, i suggest you re-read what i said and things may seem a little more understandable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back