Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping to make the trip up with some of the family etc.

Its a big hard to drag our tent up on the plane, so a hotel might be the best option :p

Is there a list of the closer sites?

Sounds like it's going to be a fun day.

Good on ya Joy, about time se qld had a reptile festival. Looks like a great list of thing to do and people with real reptile knoweledge to have a chat too.Hope it all goes well for you.
Kris.

Thanks for your support everyone. We believe it will be a fabulous day. We should all get a chance to hear some really great speakers as well as catch up with some old friends during the day, maybe pick up an absolute bargain at the auction in the late afternoon and then let our hair down and party later in the night. Fun! Fun! Fun!

With regard to camping at the showgrounds: camping facilities are definitely available for a very minimal cost. Sorry, Troy misunderstood in his post.

Motels: Two within a five minute walking distance (and I seriously mean walking) and more in town itself which is only a couple of minutes drive into the business centre of Ipswich. The showgrounds is extremely central which is one of the reasons we chose it. I'll get the numbers for you later today and post them all. I'll also give the motels in the area a call and see if I can organise a corporate deal for anyone mentioning Scales & Tails Australia. Leave it with me for a day or two. ok?

If you would like to help in some way on the day please feel free to email me at [email protected] or phone me on: (07) 33898275.

With regard to hosting in any other state: We would love to do this, but at this stage we only have plans of hosting in Ipswich as it is our Birthday celebration and you only have one birthday a year. That's not to say that we wouldn't think about doing something similar in other states down the track as we grow.

Cheers
Joy

Last edited:
i am going to try and convince my boyfriend to go so i would like a list of the hotels please.
it is a 6 hour drive for us

Just wanted to contribute to the thread and saying that we'll be attending the Scales & Tails Reptile Festival. We'll be displaying a good cross section of animals on the day including GTPs, Rough-Scaled Pythons, Albino Darwins, Albino Blue Tongues and more! Can't wait - should be a fantastic day. Also, if you're a member of this forum please don't be shy, come up and say hello to both Jill & myself!

Andrew
Premier Pythons

I dont think i can make it as i have to work most weekends...Life of a zoo keeper i suppose.

Hey Joy, sounds great. Does anyone there sell snakes? I've never been to a reptile festival.Can you recommend any camping parks?

It's not a festival unless you turn up in a combie, run around naked and always do the piece sign while wearing a retro tye dye shirt

Hmmm, Freemason, sounds to me like someone's showing their age...!
I admit, so am I for knowing what you're talking about!
Hope you all have a great time at this festival - all the best with it all Joy!
Best,
Carolyn

Hey Joy, sounds great. Does anyone there sell snakes? I've never been to a reptile festival.Can you recommend any camping parks?

Hi Coz There will be some snakes on display, but not for sale at the festival.

Regarding camping facilities: there are camping facilities at the showground and it will only cost a few dollars for the night. Just google Ipswich Show Grounds and you should be able to find the info.

Freemason & Carolyn........ omg! I'm showing my age too. lol.

Everyone else who's coming: it's going to be great to catch up with everyone and have the chance to have a few drinks and see who can tell the most 'tall' stories.

For those who can't make it: we'll miss you. Hopefully you'll be able to make it next year.

cheers
Joy

Is there an entry fee for the festival? If so how much is it to get in THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back