Forget breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

COOP

Reaction score
Hi all. When is it time to give up on breeding for this year?

coop keep them together now, put on some barry white!! good luck

Thanks very much guys. I am feeling very guilty because they have been together for about 5 weeks, but i have not fed them for a couple of months, the last time i offered the female food she didnt want it, but the male ate, which i think is normal. Should i feed them, lor leave them be. Appreciate the help guys, the female is looking great, and both have recently shed. Im heaps excited, will keep you posted

Caught mine at it last night. It's about the right time to pair them up now.

Col J.

If they have been paired up for ages will they still go at it. I thin i got my times all wrong :(

hey mate, i had work experiance with urs and one of the girls in their told me to gett them kicked off for breeding is to put another male diamonds sheeding in their with her so then the male will scence the other 'male' and gett jelous then they should go at it, i havent tried it yet, just an option

hey mate, i had work experiance with urs and one of the girls in their told me to gett them kicked off for breeding is to put another male diamonds sheeding in their with her so then the male will scence the other 'male' and gett jelous then they should go at it, i havent tried it yet, just an option

Sounds like a great idea, cheers

I put my MDs together right at the end of Sept last season and they produced. MDs, Diamonds are Spring breeders and personally I wouldn't put them together before September.

My diamond girls went really early this year.
Threw my intergrades together in the 1st week of August and they went at it straight away, so I thought I'd try the diamonds as well just in case.
They did the same [ normally they dont bother till the middle of September ]
Anyway, you should still have till the end of October before they have had enough.
Good luck,
Aleks.

Thanks for all the help, i was really heaps off with my times, geez, oh well, all a learning curve i guess

Coop
put the male in with her for 3-4 days then take him out for 3-4 days and so forth,this keeps his interest in mating up.if u do this u should see some action.

I don't reckon any of mine will breed this year. I have had some bad luck but I am not bothered at all. I will hopefully get their husbandry right for next year. I have kept my olives separated. My intergrades and diamonds have been together for a few weeks but not really showing any interest. My big male intergrade has a skin burn from a light and is in shed yet again so am not expecting him to be interested while he is in such discomfort. He did not touch the light - has a cage round it, but the heat coming from the light appears to have "sun burnt" the surface of his skin. He would not move away from the light so I moved him to an enclosure with no lights. The diamonds I am hoping they won't breed. would like to get more beef on them first and then hope for next year. But I won't separate them. They are together in their outdoor aviary.

Sorry to steal your thread Coop. Sometimes reading other ppl's experiences can be as helpful as answered questioned. Good luck with your breeding. My intergrade girl didn't lay eggs till early January couple years back which would suggest fertile mating didn't take place till late October/November. I have not bred her again since. I only have the one male carpet since Wolley escaped. I have heard the "other guy's" skin can work a treat. I have a book about breeding Pythons which suggests doing that can work.

BTW - My intergrades and diamonds are not all together as the sentence seems to suggest. .. lol .. my diamonds are in the aviary, my intergrades are inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back