Will my Jungle Python stay this colour?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a couple of pics of Palmerstons from last years breeding!
The first pic is at 6months, the second is at 9 months
and the last is the only one out of the same clutch at 9 months old
that in my opinion will never color up to be called Black and Gold!

Sorry about the pic quality, I would have to be the world worst photographer:)

Attachments

• reptile pics 028.jpg
    reptile pics 028.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 75
  • reptile pics 064.jpg
    reptile pics 064.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 80
  • reptile pics 067.jpg
    reptile pics 067.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 74
xsaleenx, if the snake pictured is the one you are going to buy, I would urge you not to waste your money ! It is ugly and I doubt if it will ever colour up. As for it being a pure Palmerston - I seriously doubt it. Unfortunately the hobby is infested these days by so many fast talking greedy money driven people with (average at best) so called jungle pythons who suck people in with the B S storey of it being a "new morph" and charging top dollar for rubbish ! There are a few genuine people on this forum with nice animals who don't charge an arm or leg for them, look around and you WILL get what you pay for.

Wokka - spot on !

WOW, thats so similar!! Amazing.. I actually did speak to the guy today. and he said mum was very bright yellow n black. but the dad was more of a brown n black.. he took after his dad I gather. But yeah them 3 photos.. definately similar to what i am getting

thanks for that reply.. Im not too bothered if he doesnt get colouring either to be honest cos ill love him anyways. Im just so excited about getting a python.. Im sure itll be fun.. bites and all :p

Damn. My first comment then was to the guy who posted the pics of the capes.. and 2nd comment was too Rainbow-Serpent. Sorry not too familiar with this site. My comments didnt come up under the responses when i clicked for em too

Actually he not really charging me much at all. He only selling him to me for 200 dollars as he was the last one and a bit of a tentative eater so he has more of a hands on with the snake. I have a pic of the mum ive attatched, And as for it being ugly HAHAHA.. No snake in my opinion is ugly.. :p they all BEAUTIFUL

Attachments

• 5472jcn_20.jpg
    5472jcn_20.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 67
Put it this way,
its still a young carpet python and they all look there worst at this size/ age etc
Once your python starts to grow , both the pattern and colours will get better and better .
You will enjoy this growth and colour change each time the python sheds up to about 2 to 3 years old , then after that most carpet pythons and or jungles will fade in the colours and contrast a little as they get older .
This is normal for all carpet pythons ,
Good luck with your python
cheers Roger

Actually he not really charging me much at all. He only selling him to me for 200 dollars as he was the last one and a bit of a tentative eater so he has more of a hands on with the snake.

IMO stay away from this python if it's your first and a tentative eater, you may be in for more trouble than you think. There are plenty of good jungles out there and a python with a good feeding responce is more important than the color.

never coming across a PJ before ,they do have a rep of being as you put flighty ...:lol:
Just out of sheer curiosity,would you recommend them as a first time python to newbies ?
As I see so many on here claiming to either wanting or getting one ...and then you get the threads Why does my python bite me or how can I tame my python down...As never owning a jungle cant really comment ..but it is good to actually read what others that have had experience with these snakes (not just 1 snake) ..say about them ...

RBB, I guess the answer to this depends on what your after and your commitment. They are a hardy species (as with nearly all carpets) but they can be a look but don't touch pet. I've named my male Palmerston Cerberus, the guy who bred him named him Terminator; both names fit his personality perfectly.

They can make a great display, have great spirit and can be really rewarding to own. However if you are looking for something to handle, get a Bredli :)

that will colour up but it will never be a nice bright yellow animal. imo the best coloured animals colour up rather quickly... the trick is getting some that stay nice and yellow.

hehe jason so true.

judging by the pic of the mum she isn't that bright an animal ether, and you will find you'll fall in love with any snake you see, the problem here is if you are getting this snake that isn't a good eater it will be more stress for you and your snake then you really won't being as this is your first snake. he shouldn't sell it to anyone thats not used to owning them with little exsperianced with feeding any snake with a problem. this is best left for a more exsperianced owner or breeder that know's what there in for.

didn't meen to make you feel useless or anything but it time, monie and heeps of stress. I've owned one before and its pretty difficult trying to get it to eat.

most breeders on here will sell you a snake that is in great condition and eating very well, for a good price. and if you want a jungle wouldn't you go for bright colour's? if you don't care about it being bright why go for a jungle why not a coastal there much better temprement.

it just confuses me why you would buy a jungle for so cheap if its not pretty or eating good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back