Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name them.

More specifically, name another researcher who has researched prey based behaviours.

Ray IS the leading dog behaviourist in this area. There isn't really anyone else who is even delving into this area of dog behaviour that I am aware of.

LOL.......stop getting uptight.......no im not going to name anyone & i dont consider 1 behaviorist to be the "all knowing" ...........ive read info from many different behaviorist's......you cant wear blinkers when researching any given subject !!!!........im sure theres plenty of others around the world doing the same or simular research as ray......Ive no reason to doubt that ray might be the most experinced person in YOUR area & the most experinced person in your opinion.....sorry........not in mine !!

PM me if you want to carry on ....ive already said sorry once for going off topic.

Last edited:
It's not off topic and I'm not uptight? I just intend to persue a career in canine behaviour so have a very strong interest in this field, you seem to know of others who are researching in the same area but refuse to give their names so I can't expand my knowledge.

I'm not entirely sure why you even initially responded to me. All I did was post about prey drive based behaviours, which chasing moving objects is, and explained it and you seemed to somehow disagree with my definitions and explanations of prey drive... Which I find odd as there isn't a single behaviourist out there that I know of that will disagree with the 7 parts in the sequence I posted.

I never even said the dog attacked the snake as a result of prey drive. I simply explained what prey drive is as a possible explanation.

ETA: Actually, I see i did not include the word "usually", my apoligies. I do not believe the dog in question was defending it's pack though. Dogs don't know what snakes are unless they learn this through past experiences or training causes an aggressive response.

Why do you need names......ray knows everything !!! ask him ;-)
you responded to one of my posts...remember !! No-one can say why this dog reacted the way it did for sure because none of us were there when it happened !!!
Anyway....its turning into bickering......so...........the end!

dog owner

i have a staffy she is loyal and would protect her family where ever, when ever if she had to. And i will gladly thank her whatever the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back