Does anyone not drink?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that because he's lost his desire to drink that he's not a real man anymore....shock horror....surely you wouldn't suggest such a stupid thing like that....only a total prick would suggest such a thing...so I'm sure you didn't mean that !!

He's not suggesting anything.... it's just basic knowledge.

i have 1 or 2 occasionally, the hangover after a pathetic 3 beers just isnt worth it anymore.

i can throw up for a whole day after 3 beers and not be able to eat fro the next 2 days.

its embarrassing!! :p

One of my tricks gordo - is I drink one beer in a dark bottle (at a party) then I continually refill my empty beer bottle with water. No one ever questions you - it's cheap... you wake up feeling good and... you can act drunk but be totally sober.

I don't drink (much) but I do have the odd one here and there. I've been there done that and growd right up!

Actually, I'm amazed at the number of you who don't drink, for whatever reasons. If you listen to the news, all you hear about are drunk drivers, drunken parties and people getting bashed and going wild. I find it refreshing that so many of you can't be bothered with it.

Is there anyone here that doesn't drink alcohol?

If there is i need some advice. One weekend about a month ago i decided to just have a break and not have any beers. Since then i haven't drunk any grog at all. I still go out to town with all my mates, to the pub, fishing and to sports events and have a pretty good time but i have no desire to drink, like i just don't feel like it. I really used to enjoy drinking and i'm worried that i might not drink again.

So if you don't drink can you tell me why you don't drink and if you have ever gone a long period without drinking can you tell me why you stopped and why you started again.

Same thing happened to me.

2 years later I've been drunk once. Had about 5 beers on seperate occasions as well.

i was drinkin rather heavily,a few days every week....then leading up to my bday in april i got the flu,was so sick on my actual bday so had to cancel my celebrations n obviously didnt drink any booze...the followin weekend i was still sick so still didnt drink...then i started feelin better yet the desire to get pissed wasnt there anymore....weeks went by n i thought wat the hell,may azwel stay totally sober its gotta be doin my body a world of good......i still went out to clubs n bars n just drank water..

it lasted about 3 months,then i had a drink....but now i drink hardly anything compared to wat i was....i feel alot healthier azwel eh

when i was growing up in the punk rawk scene in early-mid 90's ... there was an influx of sXe bands (straight edge) ... it all started with a band called minor threat ... the lead singer, ian mackaye (wat a legend) made a choice of not drinking, doing drugs and refraining from sex before marriage.... for his personal choice, so he wrote a song bout it calling it "i got straight edge" ... he used to put an X on his hands (this started in the early 80's) as kids who went to shows those days were marked with an X to show they were not allowed to drink in the venue as they were minors... but yea there's even a musical lifestyle that supports being sober and staying off drugs .... i did go 1 whole year without any grog... when i was 18 till me 19th bday ... it wasn't because i was straight edge tho, i just wanted to see how patient and self controlling i could be ... i did feel fitter after .... my health got better too ...and i was heaps more active.... but yea... like i said it only lasted a year ... plus i was never into drugs (kill all drug lords and dealers i say)

these days i only drink on the weekends with the lads ... but yea whether u drink or not, it's ur own personal choice ... some people take things to the extreme but some do it just for their personal choice ...

in the end it's what makes u happy ...

i dont drink tastes like crap one of the few people in year 8 that dosnt.yeah thats right in only 14 and most of the people in my year level drink UDL

i dont drink tastes like crap one of the few people in year 8 that dosnt.yeah thats right in only 14 and most of the people in my year level drink UDL

drinking in school is a problem my sons in year 1 and already is leaving poppers in his bag to ferment they're starting young

wow! im actually suprised at the number of responses on here from people who cannot b bothered with alcohol.
my boyfriend and i are the same.

each summer rolls round and all our mates wanna do is go out and get smashed, doesnt matter where or how as long as there's booze they love it. it just gets so boring to be continually basing any social outing on getting pissed.

it doesnt interest me really due to the negative factors which outweigh the buzz
it is expensive (particularly if you head out to the city)
it makes u feel **** for the whole of the following day
its bad for your health in general
its impossible to maintain a healthy weight with the amount of carbs in most booze
i can have fun without it

my boyfriend used to drink all the time. weekends, weeknights even at school. he was in a bad state. at one point he got a blood test and the doctor told him he had the blood of a 40yr old man. his cholesterol was through the roof! so now he doesnt drink often at all.

we only drink for special occasions and even then we dnt bother much
u feel better without it

bahahaha UDLs!!
havnt touched them since schoolies! they make your teeth hurt with the amount of sugar in them

I rarely drink - but then again, I rarely go out lol I'm like a hermit.
Will have a few cocktails every now and then but that's about it :)

There is a chemical in alcohol that needs a particular enzyme to be broken down and alot of asians don't produce and are therefore allergic to alcohol in general. But what alot of asian people have told me is that beer is worse, it causes head aches, flushing red and i've even seen welts on some asians. It's called Asian Flush or The Curse of Asia.
My wife has that and being a nurse she only sees the worst side of alcohol so it is rare I can have a quite drink.
I actually stopped completely for three years and now only have one or two glasses a month. One thing I do notice is how much slower I am the next day if I have more than two drinks

Me too!!!! :):):)

I once read that drinking is bad for you - so I gave up reading immediately!!!

You also told me you had given up drinking once - you said it was the worst 20 minutes of your life!

My mum is allergic to alcohol :( its funny casue she goes pink, and yes she is asian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back