Malamine Racks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I should be clearer. I know that cabinet makers can knock them up however I would like some ones made by precision equipment like in the vid. The reason being they are quicker to manufacture so likely less expensive than ones that take a lot of man hours to produce.

you could try a kitchen builder? im sure they would cut and edge the melamine, not to sure bout all the pre drilling etc

Call a large scale breeder like Snake Ranch to see if they get them from someone.

I'll have a look into it mate. I deal with a mob that has all the gear. I have been pricing out rack systems lately, problem i run into is tubs. I will see if i can find some at sub $5 for a 10L and see whaat sort of a price I could work out. That rack was pretty slick, would love to be able to duplicate it.

another quality episode are you going to put 5000 down one wall :)

On that Herpers the movie, they do a really good segment on Brian too.......
...where can i find this movie i saw the trailer and i really ...really want to see it

Not sure if you can post other links but put a www. in front of this:

herpersmovie.com

It was $14.95 and $20 postage in US$$$ converted over to close to $44 aussie. Took about 3-4 weeks to arrive but it is a 91minute feature film and has some really good stuff in there. Sure there is some silly yanks stuff but overall an excellent DVD. Brian from snakebytes goes through his facility and he has one bank of 5000 of these down one wall, very impressive.

Not sure if you can post other links but put a www. in front of this:

herpersmovie.com

It was $14.95 and $20 postage in US$$$ converted over to close to $44 aussie. Took about 3-4 weeks to arrive but it is a 91minute feature film and has some really good stuff in there. Sure there is some silly yanks stuff but overall an excellent DVD. Brian from snakebytes goes through his facility and he has one bank of 5000 of these down one wall, very impressive.

I'm going to get myself a copy too.

I have a second hand table saw and edge bander if anyone wants to go into business making these units.

I make my own, don't need millions of dollars worth of equipment.

Just find some reasonably priced, readily available containers and build to suit.

dickyknee is the only bloke i know of that can build them things as accurate as that. really puts the hobby in australia into perspective though...

Any where with a CNC should be able to do that for you , for a one off or just a few it may work out expensive though as they may charge you to set up the program ...

I work on a CNC and edge bander just about every day there is no worries getting as many off these made as someone wants .. but as snakewhisperer said the tubs are the hard part to be able to get the same size all the time and for a good price ?

I run a joinery shop that has the exact same machinery. We could mass produce for someone to
resell but I wouldn't be interested in doing one offs for people because it would be too expensive
and I couldnt be bothered dealing with peope that dont pay etc.

I work on a CNC and edge bander just about every day there is no worries getting as many off these made as someone wants .. but as snakewhisperer said the tubs are the hard part to be able to get the same size all the time and for a good price ?

The rack you made me up works great and the 10L tubs cost me $6 each. I recon if you were getting large amounts of them they would be cheaper. Cheers

This is the one j.k customs made me up

Attachments

• IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 67
I have access to all this type of equipment (I write programs for this type of machinary. I can certainly obtain quotes for this sort of thing.
Just drop me an email at [email protected] & specify size, colour, design etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back