Blue Bearded dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coloured beardies

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering if you have any photos of these darker babies when they get older. Do you think it would be worth keeping one to see how they turn out.

One of my beardies looked like them as a hatchie and she gets lavender sidebars I've attached a photo, sometimes its light coloured sometimes its more dark blue sidebars :)

Attachments

• 502.JPG
    502.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 85
The blue markings in the paterning down the spine of hatchlings is common, it fades away as they grow.

Last edited:
Yeah, we have had plenty that have the bluey grey look but always changes as they get bigger.
Very nice adult though!
The hatchies should turn out nice!

Jason

i think it's still worth keeping him to see how he changes. Awesome hatchies..And dad is beautiful.

I have seen these colour morphs recently, personally I would still call it lilac temporarily and hold onto it for 6 months or so to see really if the colour changes. Who knows it could be even more stunning than mum and dad!

coloureds

I find it absolutely fascinating watching the differences in these little guys. Genetics are awesome to watch and learn from. Looks like Banjo will be here to stay at least for a while longer. Will continue to take photos and post them so people can see how he changes. Assuming he is a he, could well be a little girl I suppose. Suppose I would also call it lilac as well especially in some lights. How old are they when they first shed??

nice hatchies

i have a few very similar at home and they will lose the blue more 2 grey as they mature. I have a male and female red phase that have a bright fire red back & blue head & limbs,luckily they are a year old and have kept this colour so u may be lucky. Nice parents u have & congrats on ur gorgeous hatchies. Wait 2 see what i will have very soon,some absolute 1 in a millions & will post some pics asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back