'Wild' Eastern Water Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsDragonLady

Reaction score
I have been taking a few photos of wildlife down the back lately and found the young ewd first then last Wednesday just after 8am I spotted the adult ones clinging onto the paperbarks above the water.

Sorry that is the best my camera would do for the adult ones.

Attachments

• EWD 1.jpg
    EWD 1.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 129
  • EWD 2.jpg
    EWD 2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 132
  • EWD 3.jpg
    EWD 3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 106
  • EWD 4.jpg
    EWD 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Very cool that you have found the parents of that cute little youngster. It will be cool to be able to get some better pics of the adults!! Now you have the two families of them to enjoy, the patio family and the creek family :D:D:D

Ohh down the back of my place i have a creek and probs about 50+ Eastern Water Dragons. There are so many i have had the same adult EWD living around my pool for the last 5years and that was just when i moved in 2 the new house(5yrs ago) The owner said he was there before i guessed about 5 yrs b4 i moved in..Soo many babys around at the moment i found one that would have been about 10cm Nose-Tail, he was in my front yard. Theres soo many cats around though and thye just knock em off 1 by 1... i foudn a dead blutonge due to a cat just up the road..i also found a possum without a tail.....hmmm. I have a wallaby that comes around everynow and then...i also have an echidna that comes around 2 times a year and a bluetonge that comes around every year also. You really dont knwo how much an animal goes through to get to full size....

Nice how close did you get to the young EWD?
Thanks Tim.

Not too good at distances - I usually say from here to there :lol: but at a guess I reckon nearly 3 metres.
It is getting used to me poking around down the back - I think if he had a camera he would start taking pics of the weirdo taking pics of him to show his mates :lol::lol::lol:
Oh and I never disturb their habitat or try to touch them - just take pics

Yea after awhile they start to gradually get use to human interaction. Haha they probably think that about us.
Thanks Tim.

Ohh down the back of my place i have a creek and probs about 50+ Eastern Water Dragons. There are so many i have had the same adult EWD living around my pool for the last 5years and that was just when i moved in 2 the new house(5yrs ago) The owner said he was there before i guessed about 5 yrs b4 i moved in..Soo many babys around at the moment i found one that would have been about 10cm Nose-Tail, he was in my front yard. Theres soo many cats around though and thye just knock em off 1 by 1... i foudn a dead blutonge due to a cat just up the road..i also found a possum without a tail.....hmmm. I have a wallaby that comes around everynow and then...i also have an echidna that comes around 2 times a year and a bluetonge that comes around every year also. You really dont knwo how much an animal goes through to get to full size....

Some of us are so lucky to be able to live so close to wildlife. :)
The tiny baby EWDs are so cute and amusing to to watch
and Yes it is sad that they have to strive so hard to survive.
We have taken over their habitat with our homes, roads, shopping centres, etc
but that is another story :(

I was down the back again on Saturday morning and saw this EWD in the water.
It swam over to the tree I took the other photos of the adult pair on.

Attachments

• wild ewd 1.jpg
    wild ewd 1.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 84
  • wild ewd 2.jpg
    wild ewd 2.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 132
  • wild ewd 3.jpg
    wild ewd 3.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 78
Beautiful lizards. If I had my own place and a big backyard I would love to have a large enclosure with a HUGE pond and a few of these bad boys in there. Love to watch water dragons.

Fantastic pictures keep them coming :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back