What is this cute litte guy?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TahneeMaree

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Never seen these guys around my house before... what kind of skink is he?

Attachments

• 100_8075.jpg
    100_8075.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 100_8073.jpg
    100_8073.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 150
I would say Eastern Water Skink Eulamprus quoyii

sure is ! we get a tonne of them down around here.

heres one i prepared earlier

Attachments

• house and herping 014.jpg
    house and herping 014.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 117
It looks like an Eastern Water Skink to me.
Either you have tiny hands Tahnee, or you have found a rather large one :lol:

I am lucky to have them around my pool..as well as the occasional water dragon...I live near the Royal National park on the southern fringe of Sydney and we often see reptiles such as blue tongues coming and going in summer...one blue tongue has lived under our steps for at least the last 5 years though he has yet to make an appearance this summer.

About 6 years ago we saw a brown snake but he luckily didnt hang around for too long.

We also seem to have many different frogs coming and going from a small water lilly pond...when the rain comes they emerge...several different species and calls at various times of the year.

It looks like an Eastern Water Skink to me.
Either you have tiny hands Tahnee, or you have found a rather large one :lol:

Lol a bit of both I think

I am lucky to have them around my pool..as well as the occasional water dragon...I live near the Royal National park on the southern fringe of Sydney and we often see reptiles such as blue tongues coming and going in summer...one blue tongue has lived under our steps for at least the last 5 years though he has yet to make an appearance this summer.

About 6 years ago we saw a brown snake but he luckily didnt hang around for too long.

We also seem to have many different frogs coming and going from a small water lilly pond...when the rain comes they emerge...several different species and calls at various times of the year.

We have a blue tounge living under/behind our freezer in the garage... a litte odd

Tm had one of these at my place the other day ...:) and RS that was what I thought ..steriods ha ha ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back