reptile rooms, lets see pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea for sure! works like a dream! i dont use mine (the lego) anymore so i use them as hides, build bigger and bigger and it doesn't cost me to buy or make a new hide each time LOL

Well with all that money your saving go buy bigger enclosures for those bredli...Temporary maybe but by the looks of it they were temporary 6 months ago..........

mate for those bredlis you could get up and go down to the cheap shop and get a tub 800 x 400 x 160 roughly for 12-15bucks and they'll be set for awhile untill you get your new cages.

temporary 6 months ago.....put them in there so they could be fed through winter cause the stupid other tank has something wrong with the wires.......and i am planning on getting new enclosures from dicky dont worry ;)

I think you better give me a ring ASAP , they certainly are due for bigger housing ;)

temporary 6 months ago.....put them in there so they could be fed through winter cause the stupid other tank has something wrong with the wires.......and i am planning on getting new enclosures from dicky dont worry ;)

you shouldn't have been growing them over winter if you didn't have something big enough to house them in. Glad you are getting them something new though.....they need it.

Old room

This is my old reptile room in the shed at the old house. I used to have a half decent set-up.

For various reasons had to cut down considerably...............that and the wife said I could'nt have as many at the new house. I've got a 2 car garage attached to the house now and with the tanks and my new car in she has to keep her new car outside:lol:

Attachments

• P1000768.JPG
    P1000768.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 222
  • P1000769.JPG
    P1000769.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 211
  • P1000770.JPG
    P1000770.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 192
Mine, first one is the enclosure in the family room, rest in the snake room

Attachments

• P1020163.jpg
    P1020163.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 146
  • P1020170.JPG
    P1020170.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 148
  • P1020171.JPG
    P1020171.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 154
  • P1020174.JPG
    P1020174.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 167
  • P1020175.jpg
    P1020175.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 149
yeah i'd reckon your in bad need of some larger tubs, or dicky's phone number! hah. nice rooms/sheds everybody, some real nice setups.

cheers

LOL yea they are good hey! lots of room.....plenty of crawling space :rolleyes:

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED. AND YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR LICENSE REVOKED. I won't expand on how furious I am at the inadequate caging of your Morelias.

new cages

WOW some realy nice set-up's around.
i have had a few different style's of enclosures for my snake's and never realy been happy with them. so i decided to build my own. they are 1 meter long by 800 high by 600 deep, with hinged glass door or easy access and ea sy clean.
also a home made hatchie rack (nearly finished)
and finaly 3 enclosures (not quite finished) for my little bhp's. they are 2.4 meters long.

here you go, just took some snaps. All in one room, getting a bit tight so will be getting a purpose built herp room next year so i have a bit more room to play with.

Last edited:
Some nice setups there but in many it looks messy because of all the wiring etc which I fully realise can be a pain in the butt.The best setup I've seen so far on here was posted not long ago when that person was accused of keeping his snakes dirty as theere was a bit of poo in the pic.Then when the full setup was posted those commenting on the poo quicky became very quiet.I could go on about it but fact is snakes do poos simple as that!!

The people commenting on the bredli being kept in sub optimal conditions would be very surprised to find more than a few keeping their animals like this.This pic is a prime example and you wouldn't think it's from a large scale breeder would you?I think people maybe breeding on a large scale try to get the most out of the room they have and personally if it has to come to keeping animals you're growing to breed from in conditions like this instantly I think this person's in it for one thing only

I'm not perfect in my keeping standards but I do like things clean however for example how many times have you spent hours cleanin,bowls the lot and when you put the animal back in it's cage it explores for a while then leaves a nice deposit???????.

Sorry just realised I can't put a up a pic,I will next post!!

pic of unhappy hypo bredli

Here's the pic and no it most definitely is not my animal!

Attachments

• DSC00528.JPG
    DSC00528.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 122
Fester, how's the MULTIQUIP incubator going for you?

Honestly, I have never used it yet! I have tested it and it gets too hot, even though my room temperature sits about 24C. The large fan in the one I have generates too much heat. I have seen pics of someone's on here that had like a 240V plastic cooling type fan in his. I bought one from Jaycar and will install it and give it another test and if OK use it for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back