Oh my god! Oh my god!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanx the only reason I say 18 hours is couse I don't have something to put her in, and I am doing croc movers till afternoon tomorrow and might not get home till say 2 - 5 pm sucks but I was going to be ready in a week when she was surposed to lay lol. some how it never works out to plan and she's always too quick for me hehe.

Thanx wranga

Personally I don't leave anything to chance, carefully remove the female, take and separate the eggs then AI them. Gives the best results better for the female to recover from being gravid and if there are bad eggs it is easy to get rid of them. Once the clump is well established, hardened and stuck together things are a little more difficult and removing them (slugs or turned eggs) can become quite difficult.

Wranga gave some excellent advice with the syringe idea, proably the best and easiest way to do it without undermining the integrity of the clump and also allowing the female back as soon as possible if you are wanting to follow through with the MI.

Good luck Jody, and congrats on your eggs!

Zac.

hey zac, have you had any females lay 16 days after pre lay shed? I'm finding it ver strange. I saw prenty of couplation this time and they where together for about 1.5 months. I lifted her head it seams like there are a few slugs. she's 9 ft and an agressive female as it is. I have planned for MI for the last 5 months its all set up. I understand your concerns I however had a terrable time last season with AI with a resolt of 1 hatching. I've talked to alot of people up here that allow females to MI and they seem to do fine. but I did take into conciseration of my girl with regular vet checks etc to make sure she would be of excellant condition for last the long period with MI.

last year even though I AI the eggs she refused to feed she ate after the 2 months after the eggs where layed rouphly around the same week the egg hatched. she's increased in size since last year as well girth wise and weight was 6 klo's about 2 months before pairing.

thanx heaps for your replies and most of all everyone with good advise.
:)

cheers will show pic's as soon as cam is charged.

hmmmm hmmm lol I'm going to risk removing her by myself sigh....hope I don't get bitten.

Do you have an incubator? Females are in a trance like state after laying, after the last egg is dropped it is easy to remove them.

Do you have an incubator? Females are in a trance like state after laying, after the last egg is dropped it is easy to remove them.

LMFAO that's so helarious

oviously you don't know my medusa hehehehe I tried before but she's like BUGGER OFF!!! she was ready to eat my hand.

having some awfull luck need your advice asap

hi ok I took mum from eggs and because it was just me doing it it took longer, got 13 slugs and about 11 firtile about that, they started going cold, I have 3 in the incubator and the rest with mum.

BUT she is laying on top of eggs now and not around them can she crush them or kill them doing this? plus most where collapsed and others had clear parts on them what need's to be added?

I have added new vermiculite/moss moist and a heat mat to box humidity is at 89% now but she is laying on top of them.

the incubator has heat cord and thermostat and thermometre. small container with vermiculite and moss.

I am so worried I will loose them all please help!!!

ok update,

she is now coiled around the eggs properly again. the eggs in the incubator are in there because they would of rolled and drowned the embrio if they where left with clutch.

she layed 30 eggs all up I re-counted and 13 where slugs.

pic's next of eggs, eggs look very bad alot of slugs in pic and this is before I removed them.

I candled them and there was no veins what so ever. I removed only the ones with no veins. sorry forgot to take pic's after they where removed.

Jody,

I hope you didn't discard those eggs, as to the looks of them they are just poorly calsified eggs and not actually all slugs as you may think. Sometimes it can take a few days or occasionally even more for the bloodveins to become apparent. I am glad you seem to have sorted out a bit of your stresses, but if it's not too late, I would be sticking those possible slugs into your incubator and check them again in a few days to a weeks time.

Also as far as being unusual laying only 16 days post prelay, I had a female last season to actually lay without having a prelay shed at all! :shock: figure that one out! LOL. They all drop them when they are ready and sometimes it's early, sometimes late and sometimes, actually on time! :D

Zac.

lol :lol: Never bother candling eggs unless you have rolled them halfway through the incubation process, cook them all and remove those that go seriously mouldy.... all those eggs look like they are / were fine.

lol :lol: Never bother candling eggs unless you have rolled them halfway through the incubation process, cook them all and remove those that go seriously mouldy.... all those eggs look like they are / were fine.
:shock::shock::shock:wow ...thats a learning experience for you ....goodluck and try and not feel to bad that you got rid of potentially normal eggs ...

:shock::shock::shock:wow ...thats a learning experience for you ....goodluck and try and not feel to bad that you got rid of potentially normal eggs ...

I have had eggs I would of sworn were slugs hatch, I don't see any point in candling at all (other then if they have been rolled), good eggs hatch, bad ones don't, whether they were candled or not. Incubate EVERY egg that is suspicious and you just may suprise yourself.

I have had eggs I would of sworn were slugs hatch, I don't see any point in candling at all (other then if they have been rolled), good eggs hatch, bad ones don't, whether they were candled or not. Incubate EVERY egg that is suspicious and you just may suprise yourself.
I believe you thats why I commented on that Jason ...I feel for her that she may have got rid of good eggs without knowing ...but as you lot said its hard to know ..especially it being her first ..wasnt having a go at anyone ...

I believe you thats why I commented on that Jason ...I feel for her that she may have got rid of good eggs without knowing ...but as you lot said its hard to know ..especially it being her first ..wasnt having a go at anyone ...

This isnt her first season breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back