Woma Feeding Responses....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleRob

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went to feed the animals tonight and one of my womas went absolutely psycho up against the glass. They have the strongest feeding response I have seen in any python.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Feel free to keep the thread going with pics of your own if you like. (of topic of course) :lol:

Attachments

• DSCF4472.jpg
    DSCF4472.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF4473.jpg
    DSCF4473.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF4471.jpg
    DSCF4471.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 144
Some more...

Attachments

• DSCF4469.jpg
    DSCF4469.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCF4470.jpg
    DSCF4470.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCF4475.jpg
    DSCF4475.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 101
Some more...
Cool pics yes they go bersurk,mine do have there momments but have calmed down with age,they still tail wiggle if there hungry but dont fly across the box at you lol.My male bhp is a bit more freaky to feed he comes flying out the box when hes hungry which is most of the time lol.

Gees! And I presume that Woma is S.A?
I find that out of all my woma's I've ever kept the S.A's are shy eaters..
it's amazing to see one acting so food crazed!

haha! great pics! is that the same one you had hanging off your a while ago?

How is the female looking?

Cheers,
Dave

Yep sure looks like an SA to me, especially the feeding response. Mine is docile as a woma gets, placid to handle when all is well, but when a feeding response is stimulated you'd better get out of the way! When withholding food over winter he got hungry and snapped at me from the other side of the glass.

haha... those shots crack me up... such a woma thing to do. my male RHD is like that, he loves eating hims slef or the snake hook.... PIGS

My female woma does the same thing and I've been meaning to take photos but never got 'round to it. So easy to handle until they are geared up for a feed.
Cool shots JR

Yeah, it's a South Australian woma.

Dave - Yep, that's the one that's tried to swallow my arm, more than once!!!!

My female SA Woma is unpredictable. Often during feeding she will munch away at her hide! Yet the male is totally the opposite, very calm.

i read somewhere though i cannot remember where that woma's can grow quite quickly? compared to other pythons? is that true?

Like anything I suppose, the more food you put into it the faster it'll grow.

They start off a bit more robust than the Morelia, not sure if they grow any faster though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back