Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just curious what is the longest time people have witnessed between a gravid female pre-laying and then laying eggs? i have usually had them lay withing about 25 days but i have a female darwin that is now day 32... starting to wonder if she is going to drop a dud clutch.
mainly interested in carpets but for the interest of others, tell us for any species and let us know how good the clutch was.
jason

I believe MatE on here had a Stock line jungle go something stupid like 67 days? Will have to wait for him to confirm, i remember it was stupid long period though.... Laid perfectly, and pretty much all hatched as far as i remember, I know he got at least some hatchies out of her.

just had a childreni go 33 days

wow, i dont think i have had an antaresia go longer then 24... a mate of mine has a stim that 'prelays' about 4 or 5 times before finally laying eggs... strange behaviours.

I believe MatE on here had a Stock line jungle go something stupid like 67 days? Will have to wait for him to confirm, i remember it was stupid long period though.... Laid perfectly, and pretty much all hatched as far as i remember, I know he got at least some hatchies out of her.

that would be crazy! i hope he reads this thread and can explain, i think i would have given up all hope in that situation.

Last season my mac laid at 45 days after with 16 eggs 1 slug,15 hatched.

my ghost darwin just went 42 days and gave 10 perfect eggs

how crazy is this my cape york after her pre lay shed layed her eggs at day 16. very strange hmmm

i find the large amount of variation to be 'amazing' for lack of a better word. we all know the averages and most are pretty close to it but then you have these weird outliers... pretty cool i think.
jason, how many days did she go last season befor laying? was it also 40ish?

wow, i dont think i have had an antaresia go longer then 24... a mate of mine has a stim that 'prelays' about 4 or 5 times before finally laying eggs... strange behaviours.

that would be crazy! i hope he reads this thread and can explain, i think i would have given up all hope in that situation.

Yes she went 67days, i was freaking out a bit,she had all types of material to lay in and heaps of different boxes to choose from.She hated spaghnum moss,so i thought ill just try shredded newspaper in a box and that night she layed there was only a couple of slugs in the clutch the rest were fine.

Yes she went 67days, i was freaking out a bit,she had all types of material to lay in and heaps of different boxes to choose from.She hated spaghnum moss,so i thought ill just try shredded newspaper in a box and that night she layed there was only a couple of slugs in the clutch the rest were fine.

that is very long... pretty amazing, definately scews the average!

Just out of interest MatE how long did the eggs take to hatch from when they were laid?

27 days is the longest we have had for a carpet and 31 days is the longest for a Stimmie.

my Darwin went 35 days last year and 42 this year.
Then I have had coastals go 28-35 days

who has any OLIVE figures?

j

Still wainting for my female darwin to lay..this is her 33rd night from prelay ( also her 1st clutch )

Still waiting for a first timer maccie to drop. Day 31 ( and i'm an anxious dad :( )

All the best with it Josh,let me know how she goes.

Will do mate, hopefully they will make full stripes! ;) :)

Not to sure about this Childreni, she is doing all the right things though

Attachments

• sandy09oct.jpg
    sandy09oct.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back