Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best ad I ever saw was a rather aggressively written masterpiece where the advertised animals were a couple of hundred dollars above the price usually charged for them. The seller insisted whoever was interested should get over the idea that they were worth any less than they were charging. Brilliant marketing strategy. Despite my interest in the advertised animals, and my willingness in general to pay above market value when the animals merit it ,I found it hard to get past that sort of arrogance.

Wasn't for some red bellied black snakes by any chance??? I saw that ad (if it's the one you are referring to) and thought the same thing :lol:

I think alll the stupid ad sayings I've ever read have been covered by this thread already.

Beautiftul black and gold "striped-ice" line jungle pair of holdback yearlings from Krauss stock. Pure Terrigal locale. Eat anything offered but prefer scented live pinkie mice. Guarranted to breed next season so you make your money back 5 times over. Both pictured are in shed, they look much brighter in the flesh. Will get better photos when I work out this new camera. Must sell due to make space for other projects. Buyer will not be disappointed. $900 each.

Bred for temprement.
How do you breed for temprement with Reptiles?

Fancy titles for naturally occuring & common species like Ochres, Pin-stripes & Topaz.

All so called lines that are not really established at all. Unless you have bred several generations and proven the genetics & achieved the traits you were after it is not YOUR LINE! Nothing worse then somebody buying 2 nice looking animals with a weird feature and throwing a fancy title on them like spider jungles OR worse yet 2 ugly animals with drab features and calling them honey jungles etc

Oh and I almost forgot the multitude of "blonde macs" that are your standard common maccie

Or the poor, sad excuse we see for hybrids- For sale Murray Darling x Jungle, My champion mate put his female in the Jungle Carpet enclosure to clean her cage and what do ya know, she got knocked up within 10 minutes...Genuine accident....honest....

Bred by - 'Unknown'
hatchies from same clutch sold as breeding pair - yeah lets all inbred our animals
'no tyre kickers' - i.e. just buy it and dont ask any questions

chondrogreen;1554206. How do you breed for temprement with Reptiles? - I euthanise all the snappy Jungle hatchies so I'm only left with "Pleasent" ones.....I think I've just come up with a new tag for my Jungle..."Pleasent Jungles" now that has a ring to it I like ;) Fancy titles for naturally occuring & common species like Ochres said:
- Surely you are not suggesting that a BHP with a bit of orange on its chin can occur in the wild? You must be crazy man!! That is a top notch ridgy didge fair dinkum awesome breeder morph, deveoped by awesome breeders for the trait of awesomenes.

Bred by - 'Unknown'
hatchies from same clutch sold as breeding pair - yeah lets all inbred our animals
'no tyre kickers' - i.e. just buy it and dont ask any questions

There is nothing wrong with breeding sibs together....

How do you think we have heaps of albino darwins around?

Beautiftul black and gold "striped-ice" line jungle pair of holdback yearlings from Krauss stock. Pure Terrigal locale. Eat anything offered but prefer scented live pinkie mice. Guarranted to breed next season so you make your money back 5 times over. Both pictured are in shed, they look much brighter in the flesh. Will get better photos when I work out this new camera. Must sell due to make space for other projects. Buyer will not be disappointed. $900 each.

From that description, I wouldn't sell them for under $1250 each.....:lol:

There is nothing wrong with breeding sibs together....

How do you think we have heaps of albino darwins around?

exactly - sure fire way to bottle neck genetic diversity and lead to more health issues. Selective breeding for recessive genes is a joke, and only done to make a quick buck - it shows no respect for these beautiful animals that we are responsible for protecting. its no different than cross-breeding sub species in my book, and only 1 step away from the bs that goes on in the US

Striped animals....with multiple breaks in the stripe.

One of the most annoying for me, how stupid do sellers think (or maybe they just know)
people are??

People who constantly jump the gun on unproven morphs.
I call this the "wishful thinking" mode of inheritance.

Doesn't it naturally occur in the wild? (correct me if I'm wrong) In isolated populations of reptiles on islands and stuff? They'd all be related to some degree

exactly - sure fire way to bottle neck genetic diversity and lead to more health issues. Selective breeding for recessive genes is a joke, and only done to make a quick buck - it shows no respect for these beautiful animals that we are responsible for protecting. its no different than cross-breeding sub species in my book, and only 1 step away from the bs that goes on in the US

With Mammals perhaps, but there has been no ill health reports due to inbreeding in Reptiles.
And many of the available animals out there come from multi generation backgrounds. Nothing wrong with line breeding IMO.

Doesn't it naturally occur in the wild? (correct me if I'm wrong) In isolated populations of reptiles on islands and stuff? They'd all be related to some degree

Chappel Island Tiger snakes don't have much genetic diversity :p

One of the most annoying for me, how stupid do sellers think (or maybe they just know)
people are??
Oh they don't think, they know. It's an emperor's new clothes situation. How many times in general threads do you see people post pics of their fully striped animals which are very obviously not....and then every man and his dog jumps in and carries on about how brilliant and solid the line is. And god forbid you're the poor sod who pipes up and says "but he's naked" :lol:

So by this you are saying that John Weigel's 18 year mission to collect and breed from the 5 founding Morelia carinata whose progeny are now in many collections Australia wide has been a sure fire way to create health issues in this species?

Weather you like it or not reptiles are totally different from mammals and they do not suffer from inbreeding depression...

How could I forget the(again unproven) "het for axanthic" rubbish one of our champion "everything is special" breeder members was promoting a while back? I know he caught a few youngens out with that one. Grey coastals....yep, he was onto something hahaha

PMSL....the used car & real estate sales pitch has now enveloped the herp hobby....:lol::lol:

ARRRR true true there are many a bad out there and many getting ripped off ...but then again there are bargins there too ...hence myself getting a very nice baby coastal ..feeds brilliantly has only ever given her mummy a few hunger mode strikes ...settled in her tub no worries ...for $75.00 ;)
thanks once again PB ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back