New Idea wanna no what you think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think a herp room as a caravan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

python_dan89

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all, Just had an idea a herp room in a caravan strip the whole thing and do what you want... I think its a awesome idea. Dose anyone no who has done this or wants to?
Any thoughts would be helpful.....I would say but not sure you wouldnt be able to reg it.. But unsure... This will be one of my future plans i think!!!!:D

yer true thats another idea hehe... caravan has wheels but easy transport. :) thanks for the thought :)

I want it to hold man enclosures with a couch where i can relax and veiw my collection.

Other than the electricity issue, I think it would be a pretty nice idea if you never had to move the caravan.

Lol you can pimp out the caravan and not get in trouble from landlord. And the electric is sweet plug in the side and off we go? And when where on the move a generator :) Its a dream at this point :)

Your very own mobile herp show! Love it....oh....better a get a demonstrators licence first....lmao

Caravans severely lack insulation, heating a cold enclosure in a cold room isn't all that hard, but cooling enclosures that are 40 Deg C & over is hard. You would have to mount in A/C, insulation, etc.
It would get too expensive too fast. That's just my opinion.

Regulating the heat would be impossible

When stripping it out add a layer of 20mm polystyrene to the walls and add a reverse cycle air con and thats all sorted. i have been installing caravan AC units for over 15 years now and they have come along way.
Just dont make it too mobile or i'll come around and pinch it,lol

For the cost involved to do that, there are so many better options.
With a caravan after all that is done, you are still limited by height & limited wiring.
The wiring can be fixed, more money spent, but the height cant be.
There would be far better ways of spending a couple of grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back