Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hand grab all of mine from darwins to jungles...Depends witch snake and if its feeding night...have to really think about what im doing before putting my hands in at feeding night lol ...
The more i handle them the better they seem to be..jungles where crazy now r sooooo amazing they never bite

i just grab the pythons, one or two phycos but generally if you grab them when they are sleeping, youve already got them by the time they realise whats going on. elapids i will usually hook out. dont trust them quiet so much and there a little more at risk.

My own ..I have 1 that is the spawn of satan ..so he is a hook up the head then lift him out ...my others are all good to use my hands only ..
On calls it depends on the situation ..most times with the carpets its just a matter of lifting them, hands to get green trees ,brown trees and keelbacks ...but in tight spots, especially with big carpets ,its hook head ,then grab and hold head ,whilst I get the rest of the pythons body out ...elapids ,depends on what type ,wether I use my hands or the hook as my aid, then its simply hook the head ,grab the tail end then bag ...I dont believe anyone is a wimp for using a hook , if you can prevent a bite by using a hook then why wouldnt you ?

when mine was smaller i hooked him out of fear i may crush him with my fingers, but now just pick him up with hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back