Woma Locality

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

Reaction score
I'm not particularly familiar with Womas and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what localities the following animals are and which characteristics lead you to that conclusion?

Cheers,

Kris

Attachments

• Woma 1.jpg
    Woma 1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Woma 2.jpg
    Woma 2.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 240
  • Woma 3.jpg
    Woma 3.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 214
Definatley a Cape York locality, I can tell by the perfectly even banding and the shape of its teeth.

:] Glad I could help mate

You're a funny little wranga, ain't ya?

I like it when you talk dirty
wink2q.gif

I was gonna say West Head; it looks like an intergrade.

All three of them. Intergrades. West Head.

Nonsense aside, are the juveniles related to the older animal? I guess it's just a bit faded with age?

I'm sure people will come up with suggestions, but I reckon the best would still be a stab in the dark. You could call the dark-eyed one a Tanami, the older one a RHD and the other juvi a whatever you liked. But it'd all be fantastic e-speculation!

In that case, I'll just stick with "They're definitely womas". Oh, and prob not the SW Aussie Wheatbelt form.

;)

first one is maybe topaz cos the bands are all funny shaped, the second i would say is RHD cos the banding is very uniform but not as contrasty as the WA ones, and the last i think is tanami cos its all pretty orange and still has bands that are distinct but are not very contrasty. i dont think and are the SA ones cos they look more yellow and less patterned to me :)

oh how did i go?

Hi Kris, hope all is well.
Id stay safe and say the are Northern Territory Womas ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back