First S.I.M. hatching in Australia!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
I know its boring but this was really an effortless hatching of Bearded Dragons. They all hatched earlier as expected and this was what the manufacturer also claimed. Next will be the pythons hatching. I added tap water to the container, did not measure anything. I then added vermiculite up to the point where all the water was soaked up. Closed the lid on the tub and noticed they started hatching today. I only opened the tub once to add more eggs from a seperate clutch. I wont use any other method from now on.
DSC02534.jpg

DSC02533.jpg

DSC02530.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

Fantastic mate,

Any photos showing python eggs for comparision.

Cheers,
Viridis

Nothing boring about it at all! This is all very interesting, well done.

Would also like to see pictures of large python eggs in the container.

Thanks for sharing,
Matt

How many carpet eggs do you get in a container? I'd also like to see the python hatchings when you get some photos.

This is what an incubator looks like that is full of Albino eggs.
DSC02548.jpg

And carpet python eggs in comparison with beardie eggs.
DSC02550.jpg

Without the lid.
DSC02551.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

Note the mist inside the tub, yet very little condensation on the lid.
DSC02553.jpg

Umm, sorry to be a dweeb, but could somebody please explain to me what S.I.M means? :oops:
Ta muchly!

Its what that little tub is called. It stands for Suspension incubation method. This method is widely used by reptile breeders, this tub however is made for this method. The first of its kind in production.

Um If you dont mind me asking why did you do it over verm? Would it not work just straight over water?

It will work over just water. I am just very clumsy when it comes to moving things around in the incubator. I was scared i might splash water onto the grid. I might use wet sponge next time cut to the right size.

It will work over just water. I am just very clumsy when it comes to moving things around in the incubator. I was scared i might splash water onto the grid. I might use wet sponge next time cut to the right size.

NW's mate. i would be very keen to try out these containers any word of when they will be available in aus?

WTBuy - go to their website - you can order the containers now.
CarpetPythons - thanks for the photos. I'm hoping to breed my albino next year, so those photos are just what I'm after! I know clutch sizes will vary, but at least 2 containers per clutch would be a good start. Cheers!

Very interesting, what was your hatch rate with these tubs?

I think I will be ordering a few for myself.

I think they are a brilliant idea,how many days quicker did the beardys take to hatch...I shall defiantly get a couple before next season..MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back