Wheatbelt Stimmie.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dickyknee
All I am doing is adding my observations badly off track or otherwise, there is no offense intended only genuine personal interest however you either believe my intentions or you don't.

Cheers Dave

dickyknee
All I am doing is adding my observations badly off track or otherwise, there is no offense intended only genuine personal interest however you either believe my intentions or you don't.

Cheers Dave

No offence taken or intended .

Pilbara
do my guys look the same as No-two's ?

Attachments

• wheat belt f (3).jpg
    wheat belt f (3).jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 154
  • wheat belt m (2).jpg
    wheat belt m (2).jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 149
Yours has the singular centre prefrontal that is commonly seen in Wheat-belts, the only other Wheatbelt variant that I have personally is with this scale being completely absent.
The Wheat-belt area is absolutely huge and I have not seen a great deal of it by any stretch of the imagination instead specimens collected from various parts in various collections.

WheatbeltMale.jpg

Here's a few more Wheaties.......:)
Pilbara Pythons is the scales what you have seen before? I cant work out which scales you are refering to.

Okay, thanks for showing me. I got my pair of wheat belts from Gary Davies. Wild caught from wheat belt area. only one has the scale formation that you are refering to. The one in the picture I posted on this thread is a bit different with another small scale bellow.

absolutely stunning stimmie .... antaresias rule!!

Last edited:
Just Joshin
I have never personally bred Wheat-belt Stimson’s but own ones that have bred. However I haven’t made any observations so therefore cannot answer your question.
What I can tell you though ( as said earlier ) is I have looked over heaps of wheat-belt specimens and none have the centrally located singular prefrontal fragmented in to 3 tiny scales which is a trait renowned in Port Hedland specimens not wheat-belts. Typically with wheat-belt specimens, this scale is either absent altogether or un fragmented. Of course you will always have the occasion specimen with scale oddities which happens with all pythons regardless of where they originate.

Here's a few more Wheaties.......:)
Pilbara Pythons is the scales what you have seen before? I cant work out which scales you are refering to.

id image yours are fine... they didnt come from SR ;)

Just to set the record straight, I have personally looked over a good number of the Snake Ranchs wheat-belt Stimsons via pic's set to me by John Weigel for comment and I personally believe they were all geniune wheat-belts and the prefrontal scalation was exactly as expected. I would also add, they are some of the best around and I would highly recomend people who wish to purchase this area form, to look no further.

Regards Dave

Snowman
Many areas have Stimsons with head scalation as found in the wheat-belt,( even areas of the Pilbara ) so its would be impossable to tell what you have in that head shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back