Possible Fire Hazzard?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilefan95

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i just set my new tank up today and i am worried that the rock background (unviersal Habitats) might melt/catch on fire? Its about 12cm away from the basking spot and the globe is a 50W if it is a possible hazzard is there any way i could get a smaller globe or is a 50w the smallest available?

Here is a picture i hope it helps

Attachments

• IMG_4755.jpg
    IMG_4755.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4758.jpg
    IMG_4758.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Do you know what the background is made out of? Personally, I wouldn't worry too much, but I'd be checking it for a couple of days to make sure everything's okay.

I believe that it is a cement based thing then coated with flakes of rock and sand to make it more realistic? Im pretty sure it will be ok but it does get pretty hot probably around 60 degress on the hottest point but already my little beardie has learnt to chill on the second ledge or his basking log

If you're worried (not so much about the background melting, but the enclosure/dragon overheating), you could try and get a lower wattage bulb.

You can get 50,75,100 and 150watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back