Hopefully my first clutch

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my Coastal is about to drop. She hasn't shown any interest in her lay box but for the past two days shes been in there really restless, laying on her side, and curling round.

This will be her first clutch, and first eggs for me, so its pretty exciting!

Heres some pictures, what do you reckon?

Any one have any sort of time frame from the start of restless behaviour to when the eggs are laid?

Last edited:
about 3 weeks ago was her last shed. she's pretty swollen so there might be a few eggs considering its her first clutch. the male put over her has a nice stripey pattern so hopefully so nice bubs.

they usually shed then lay in the day or 2 after the shed. so keep an eye out.

they usually shed then lay in the day or 2 after the shed. so keep an eye out.
Don't know where you got that from. Prelay sheds are usually around 28-32 days prior to laying of eggs. There is a bit of variation though and they can lay anything from 21 to 36 days following the prelay shed, depending on the species.

cheers so a bit more waiting by the sounds but she could surprise me anytime from now

it kind of did look bumpy down near the vent and she seemed uncomfortable

still waiting but must be close, not best pics but eh ps3 cam, cant find camera

Last edited:
That is a nice looking Coastal,as previuosly stated once they shed they generally lay around 3weeks later..By looking at her shes not far away.Are you incubating the eggs or letting her do it...Dont forget pictures once she lays...

my coastal has finally laid 14 good eggs with 0 slugs she chose to do it on the newspaper instead of lay box. these are my coastals first time breeding and my first breeding experience also.

Last edited:
wow congrats...she dont look too impressed in that first pic....did ya get tagged getting the eggs away from her?

Nah didnt get bitten but she headbutted my mates hand when he was helping me seperate. Not bad for a first clutch from her. And my male is only about two they live together all year round. Cheers for the good replys

well done :) was reading the thread and at the start I was thinking there is deffinately a clutch coming then all of a sudden a clutch is there congrats

Yay congrats for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with them looks like you will have your hands full for a while!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back