Which brand of heat lamps last the longest?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand last the longest for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdsixtyone

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am desgining cages at the moment:p and was wondering what globe you guys use what last the longest? I am just tossing up weather to use the URS ceramic fittings or the ones the "Herp Shop" use? Is it true that if you use the same globe and fitting the globe will last longer? And also make sure to add your brand name and why.
Thanx Jordy

Last edited:
Iv had bad experiences with URS heat lamps
the glue that connects the globe to the metal fitting has come apart after only a month
the glue looks like crushed black glass and gets everywhere
it got all through my frog tank and i was lucky when the globe dropped it did not break glass into my tank also

Yer i also have had bad experiances with URS. It didnt even last one minute before it blew up and glass went everywhere. Thanks for sharing Josh.

I bought some URS infrared heat globes many months ago that run all day and into the evening, and I haven't had to replace them. I may switch to ceramic heat emitters for absolute certainty of irreplaceability once they do go, you may want to do the same, depending on what your keeping

I would go the radiant heat panel route. They look better, basically last forever and leave the way open for low wattage lighting which is both a lot cheaper and can be made to look good, for example halogens or compact fluorescents.

I also use Exo Terra. I have had this one for 2 years and hasent blown yet (touch wood).I was looking at the Radiators, would you reccomend them for JACKY DRAGONS? I thought that they needed a actuall basking spot ( light) to obtain heat where as snakes can benfiet from a heat pannel or mat.
Try Exoterra for heat lamps and compact fluros
Catalina Aquarium brand has good mercury basking lamps
mine have always lasted at least 6 months

have a look at your thermostat also. i changed from microclimate dimming to aus reptiles dimming and they definately run differently, and i am finding a redcution in blowouts also

I currently use the Habistat dimming/ pulsing ones. Worth changing?
its too early to say yes change, i had a night day eye, and it gave me the irrates to put it lightly with it beeping due to the lag in heat up and heat down. IMO these thermostats need a serious upgrade to bring them into the 20th century

LOL yer i was thinking mircroclimate for my JAckies in there new tank. Any one willing to help? I am gonna use globes and all that fancy stuff. There are to many and i get confused.

We use zoo med 75 watt infra-reds. The worst one was 18 months , 7 years is the best. They are expensive though.

i use my own brand that i import from china, after going through many suppliers and finding lots of dud bulbs i have finally found a manufacturer that i'm happy with.

Maybe someone from this forum has a review on my infrared bulbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back