Photoshop Guru Req.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Just wondering if someone could lift the text incl underlining off this and make it black and zoomable?
Thanks heaps,
Adam

Attachments

• ECwashere_cover.jpg
    ECwashere_cover.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 96
infringment on copyright laws

Could do it to a point but it would break the copyright laws involved and I would be silly to post it back up on this site again.

Anyone prepared to fly in the face of danger?
To go bravely into the "sueable-by-major-record-company" zone?
Did I mention the personal and financial gain I intend to make from YOUR photoshopping - putting YOU directly into Eric Claptons inbox as "Sue Me"?
anyways, just thought someone could help a brother out, secretly pm me if you wear the cloak of transperency/ cone of silence / or "PARANOID goody goody" crown,
Cheers
Adam

Did I mention the personal and financial gain I intend to make from YOUR photoshopping - putting YOU directly into Eric Claptons inbox as "Sue Me"?
anyways, just thought someone could help a brother out, secretly pm me if you wear the cloak of transperency/ cone of silence / or "PARANOID goody goody" crown,
Cheers
Adam

hahaha legend xD

Cheers
Adam

Sorry Ad dear but I'm PMFSL @ the image of you as "mah brotha"....you big wigga you ;) :lol:

Is i gon be in truuble

Attachments

• ECwashere_cover.jpg
    ECwashere_cover.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 71
We wouldn't expect anything more Micky.

hahahha- no Joshy I didnt wack it together with a paintbrush- the source material was very small- and to be blown up to A4 size required fine tuning and nerves of steel- it actually is directly from the oriinal cover, albeit with some colour overlay as per spec.

I actually did the following:

First I dragged it into photoshop

It was only about 240 px x 250 px so I blew it up.

Then i duplicated the layer and made the original layer invisible

Then I desaturated this layer, brought up the contrast to a stupid level

that allowed the magic wand to be used, so using some extra special intellectual-type keyboard shortcuts (aka the shift key) I selected the letters one by one

then I went select>inverse> backspace

That got rid of the superfluous doodie.

I then held the control key and selected the layer

Then I went select.>modify.>smooth> 10 px

then select>modify. contract. 3 pixels

I then applied a colour overlay

then applied a thicker stroke around 4 px

Then realised I forgote the underline

so i went back about 20 minutes of history and did the last 10 steps again, but remembered the underline this time

The underline was too rough and the magic wand didnt work, so I built it myself really quickly-basically traced it

that is why its a little smoother than the text

and then I saved it and voila

Hopefully that helps with your query Jshy - it's not like I was going to spend two days on it is it ?

If I was to do it for a client, I would have spent a few hours on it, got some consistency with thixckness, or just draw it from scratch-

But for 5 minutes work I think it accomplished the OP's MO, OK DH ?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back