need help heating an enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah after i finished my olives home i had the same problem so i thought by making it in sections 700mm wide it would be easy to get through doors.Then just used 70mm x 20mm pine to butt it up to stop losing heat on the inside and screw it together and it work a treat

well my olive is about a yr away from needed her full size enclosure now so thats why i pricked my ears up, definetly would like to see how it all pans out, as for helping with the heating input, in my enlcosure thats 1600H by 800D by 1000W ive got 2 ceramic heat globes a 150W off the top and a 100W on a shelf about midway directly underneath the top one, it works well as the bottom of the enclosure stays at about 23 but the shelf is about 38 and the top half is about 32 so shes got plenty of spots to get near or away from heat

hmm thats not a bad idea with the lights, i was thinking 2 200watt ceramic heaters at the top with 2 100watt lights and prob heat tape as serpentes said earlier but the shelf idea is good aswell as running smaller watts, cheers

it is hard to get the overall ambient temp high but i figure at least if theres a few hot spots for her she can use them when needed, and ive noticed the only time she will only sit on the shelf is just before she shed and ive got a sort of ladder set up and she has a particular spot she will sit when she's digesting, i do notcie that she very rarley ever goes to the bottom of the enclosure and i wonder if maybe its because its too cold

hmm but with your set up i guess all you woul;d have to do is get a higher wattage globe down the bottom and your temps should rise

enclosure pics

hi just thought i would post these pics still waiting on the glass and paint. then the waterfall will be goin in and hides. With a big gum tree branch for perch. I think i will heat half the floor at 25 degrees and use a 250 watt ceramic heater and 100 watt basking light.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 45
  • tank 2.jpg
    tank 2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 38
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back