Striped Diamond Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto man...beautiful animal..enough said! lol

once more, if it aint a 'normal' looking snake, everyone jumps on the 'hybrid' bandwagon

LOL

great snakes and I have a friend with this line also and he always cops rubbish when he post's pics, so no wonder unusual snakes are not being posted so much.

congrats on great looking snakes.

j

If these have been bred for many generations,have they thrown striped animals like you posted in each clutch they had?
No they only appear when something different is need..............I find it funny that these animals are only appearing in recent times when morphs are sort after..........In all the years gone by with all the diamonds which have been bred before amnesty and after and seen in the wild by all the people i know not once was a striped diamond ever mention nor have i seen but now they are popping up everywhere.

i love it how people wet themselfs over striped and designer animals such as this diamond, but then in a diffrent thread bash the yanks for doing just the same......?????

nice diamonds Jasons friend ;)

You have seen a good 20 hey Josh & the "majority" were wild:lol:
Yes that is right. There was a thing called the amnesty in which people legally got WC stock onto the books. Also, people with unlicensed animals are routinely confiscated and balloted or surrended to wildlife parks. So although all the ones i refer to originate wild, some are captively held.

Browns, have you ever noticed how all Carpets pretty much "stripe" in the same manner, ie, stong dorsal striping from the tail up and strong lateral stripes from the head up?... My personal view is that it is all caused by temperature changes in incubation, possibly needing the correct genes to trigger it, allowing the patterning to reach / change to it's full potential of what it can possibly do..

nice diamond pics jason, quite unusual for a diamond, but theres no reason to say its not a pure diamond, unless so called 'intergrades' are now down the south of sydney:rolleyes:

nothing new, athough nice animals i would as previously questioned there origins, it may be the way of the future but not the way of mine. no offence intended I have previously owned a striped diamond from daniel before but as nice as they are there are the sceptics as myself, I more than am most likely wrong but hey. there are some stunning diamonds around

Last edited:
nice diamond pics jason, quite unusual for a diamond, but theres no reason to say its not a pure diamond, unless so called 'intergrades' are now down the south of sydney:rolleyes:

I'm happy enough to call them Southern Sydney Carpet Snakes.... same snake that has adapted to a different location imo.... lol

Have to agree with you there JasonL and know what you mean with most striped carpets however a lot of striped animals are proven genetically and I was going to ask if the sstriping may have had something to do with incubation temps...obviously if it appens with diamonds it's nowhere near as co,,om as in most other carpets and I sort of class diamonds a bit different when compared to other morelia needing cooler temps etc etc

The thing is that these mutations unless genetic are not at all common and why is it only in recent times that these striped diamonds and super striped other morelia which could be nothing just an incubation error.

Have to agree with you there JasonL and know what you mean with most striped carpets however a lot of striped animals are proven genetically and I was going to ask if the striping may have had something to do with incubation temps...obviously if it appens with diamonds it's nowhere near as co,,om as in most other carpets and I sort of class diamonds a bit different when compared to other morelia needing cooler temps etc etc

The thing is that these mutations unless genetic are not at all common and why is it only in recent times that these striped diamonds and super striped other morelia which could be nothing just an incubation error.

I wouldn't be surprised if temps can change the patterning on a genetic level to some degree, and that once you have "developed" the striped animals that with some more breeding and refining that you can bring these traits out further. Striped pythons have been around in collections and have been found in the wild before, it's just they weren't worth as much "back in the day" and didn't have the appeal they do now.. I have spoken to a few herpers that were breeding pre amnesty and often "oddities" were sold cheap / given away ect..
There is a big difference between alot wild diamonds, from black slug monsters to cracking animals with varying rossette size, is this caused from incubation temps, clutch to clutch / season to season... Can a female diamond keep her eggs at 32 degrees 27/7 over the whole developmental period? We can in an incubator....Is it no wonder that the animals tend to come out brighter and some come out looking way different? Has anyone ever actually bred a very dark slug monster incubating at these temps?

Can a female diamond keep her eggs at 32 degrees 27/7 over the whole developmental period? We can in an incubator....Is it no wonder that the animals tend to come out brighter and some come out looking way different? Has anyone ever actually bred a very dark slug monster incubating at these temps?

That's actually a very good point. I have bred from many dark Illawarra diamonds, but none of their hatchlings have ever turned out dark like their parents when the eggs were artificially incubated. They have always been very colourful with a lot of yellow. However, I do recall getting several dark offspring from females that were left to maternally incubate their eggs.

interesting thread. its interesting reading peoples thoughts on how temperature can effect genetics

i bred my diamonds a couple of years ago and incubated the eggs at 31.5 c in a very accurate incubator.both parents were brightly coloured with standard diamond patterns yet ,after 2 years about a third of the clutch came out quite dark,while the other 2 thirds came out very bright . about half the clutch had alot of "linked rosettes(in a banded way,not striped)" that alot of the internet experts would call an intergrade, while the other half of the clutch ,the same internet experts would call pure.
but , i only bred them once and there was quite a variety of pattern and colour.

the stripe thing being done with selectivly bred bredli's.a breeder on the goldcoast has 2 bredli's that have an unusual style banding on them(not striped though) and a quarter of the clutch came out semi-striped.
i also own a semi striped bredli thet came from an Adelaide breeder that came from 2 normal normal looking parents .the pair have consistantly thrown clutches with a quarter of them striped which tends to lead to the assumption there is a "het for striping" gene going on with them. i just wonder when the first striped bredli was produced in captivity,whether they were accused of crossbreeding as i've never seen a photo of a striped ,wild speciman.

i've also seen a wild Darwin that had a freaked out pattern that that didn't resemble any darwin i've seen before.

there was also that one off "granite"looking MD bred last year (any updated photos?)

the more linebreeding being done these days ,there will be alot more morphs being produced in the future,so i dont think anyone could rule out the chance of pure striped diamonds being produced.
cheers
simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back