Wildlife Carer Ipswich needed, injured bluey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodie

Reaction score
Title says it all, got a bluey that had a run in with a dog, doesn't look too good.
If anyone is or knows a carer in Ipswich please PM me.

Thanks

damn i spoke to someone there not that long ago, it was a lady...through one of those carer mobs, i forget the name, if someone mentions some ill remember it

Thanks for the pms and such, but I got in contact with one lady and she had her hands full already. So I took it to the vet, they said that they will most probably have to put it to sleep. Damn mutts..

..sorry for the loss....:(

'put it to sleep??? isit badly injured n theres no way for the vet to help?..

I thought that blueys were pretty hardy animals. It had a gash around it's tail/back leg and some of it's intestines (sp?) were hanging out a little. I thought that they could of just pushed them back in and sow it up, but perhaps that seeing as it's a vet and it was a wild animal they didn't want to waste money trying to save it.
Then again, I'm not a vet.

Thats a real pity :( poor bluey. If it had its intestines out, and it was from a dog bite its possible the vet thought it would die from infection, or that the intestines would be too badly damaged, as well as other organs. theres also stress issues.

I know when I graduate, if injured wild animals are brought into the clinic I work at I'll quite happily pay for their treatments.

I thought that blueys were pretty hardy animals. It had a gash around it's tail/back leg and some of it's intestines (sp?) were hanging out a little. I thought that they could of just pushed them back in and sow it up, but perhaps that seeing as it's a vet and it was a wild animal they didn't want to waste money trying to save it.
Then again, I'm not a vet.
Pathetic. :(
Or maybe I'm just lucky that my vet will do anything to try and save any animal...

Blue tongues ARE hardy... I remember Peter telling me about a bluey that's side had been ripped open...then the skin healed over it so you could still see all of it's intestines...ended up healing perfectly.

A lot of vets will not bother saving a wild animal because it puts them out of pocket, We took an injured owl to a vet once and he said it would have to be put down - I wouldnt have that so I said I would pay for the cost and surprise suprise he did it and guess what IT LIVED!!!!. In saying that not all vets are like that many have a real passion for animals and devote a lot of time to not for profit cases but that seems to be the minority not the majority. We have one of the vets here say that he resented the adds the government put around saying to take injured wildlife to their closest vet and drop it off no fees(qote)"now we get people bringing everything to us, we are not a dam chariry"

They should be damn charity to our injured wildlife. What was their point of becoming a vet? Surely they use to have some heart for animals or just knew it would be a great paying job.

They would also consider that the blue tongues are not an endangered species so euthanasing that one would not have harmed the population. Damn shame that an animal's life has to revolve around money :(
No doubt that blue would have had infection from his intestines falling out but Tate has already said she's been there, done it and saved one in similar circumstances.

Ive just done my wildlife carers paperwork, Im only 30mins from Ippy and my neighbours are carers too.... so if you ever find anything again let me know...
I saved a possum from its mothers pouch only 3 wks ago and she is just starting to open her eyes and get fur. It is such a great priveledge to help rescue and raise some of the most unique creatures around

but overly i wonder how many of you realize the amount of money that goes into wildlife at a vet clinic that will treat them. at my clinic we will treat anything that will be able to be released again, if we do not think it suitable to be re-released it will be humanely euthanized. like we are talking abotu doctors who quite often have a hecs debt in the almost 50 thousand, probably getting payed less then you, in a clinic that cost in some cases up to and over 2k a day to keep open. i do understand where the vets that dont liek to treat them are coming from, but wildlife is a community problem the government does not fund anything and most people dont care enough either, i worked at a clinic that had a compulsory 10 dollar contribution for wild life treatment if you brought one in the amount fo people that chucked a stink about that and jsut left the animal in the car park was amazing. even to euthanase it it costs a vet more then 10 bucks. so not all blame falls on the clinics.

The one at Booval, across from the station.

then you picked a bad day to take it there, if only it were yesterday when i was there. though im sure the decision was not made lightly.

Hi - we are wildlife carers - we take lizards and pythons. We work really hard with them, so PM me if ever you need us!

hey bud, if you find another injured animal send me a pm, I know a couple of people who can help you out next time.

I'm not sure if it's legally required, but I know most vets treat wild animals free around here. If they euthed it chances were it was for a good reason, there's no point putting an animal back in the wild if it's going to be struggling to make do, just drags out suffering I'd assume.

i am a registered wildlife carer, just at forest lake. i have had quite a few blueys in the past , one lost its hole tail from a cat, with the right care it was able to be released again , most blueys are pretty tough, but sometimes even the best care cant help a severly injured animal.
cheers
melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back