Reptiles are all beautiful unique creatures, not trophies to compare!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does it really matter who keeps what! People keep reps for three reasons and three reasons only. Cause you love 'em/ or a certain breed, you want to breed 'em and make a dollar, or you want to show off, or all three. If someone has a better car than you on the street do you go nuts about it;). Dont worry about what other people have just be grateful for what YOU have and enjoy it. In the end there's always someone out there with something better:D. I didnt go through all the threads, so sorry if I'm repeating anything

I've just reread what I posted and it seems a little ambiguous. While I really don't care terribly what people think of my animals (as opinion almost always differs), I really can't stand people who feel the need to label other's animals as worthless, ugly, boring and the like. We just had a visitor from overseas come and meet a few people in the area who keep snakes and he remarked how nice it was to meet keepers (one guy in particular) who had a genuine love of their animals and didn't keep them based on what morph they may be or for their supposed monetary value, but because they genuinely just love them. To me, trying to put someone down in an attempt to boost you own ego is just pathetic. It's an attitude that certainly shows people for who they truly are.

Dam,

I have been on the US sites, and thought having a beardie was all about pretty outfits, dimontie walking leachs, and cute hats.

I'm so confused

I've just reread what I posted and it seems a little ambiguous. While I really don't care terribly what people think of my animals (as opinion almost always differs), I really can't stand people who feel the need to label other's animals as worthless, ugly, boring and the like. We just had a visitor from overseas come and meet a few people in the area who keep snakes and he remarked how nice it was to meet keepers (one guy in particular) who had a genuine love of their animals and didn't keep them based on what morph they may be or for their supposed monetary value, but because they genuinely just love them. To me, trying to put someone down in an attempt to boost you own ego is just pathetic. It's an attitude that certainly shows people for who they truly are.

Well said, I have my boys for who they are, not for the value they have. I love snakes because they are a unique species, they don't care if we are there or not and don't love us in the way our other animal friends do.
I love to introduce people to them and show them that snakes are not the horrible, slimey and scary creatures that some people believe them to be.
If people have to put others down because their snakes aren't as 'good' as theirs, then they have the problem and aren't worthy of respect.

Best snake I ever owned was a Coastal Carpet. After countless thousands of dollars spent on reptiles of all different species not a single one has come close

Yes, The Coastals are a sweet snake, mine is just a gentle boy, never shows any aggression and seems to enjoy being handled. He actually comes onto my hand when I enter his tank and I can give him his food at the moment without tongs unlike my Woma who tries to take the tongs as well as the rat lol

I think the best snakes are the ones with the biggest personalities. When i first got snakes I didn't want coastals cause they are 'common', (mainly refering to the area I live, not the species) now most of my collection is coastals. But I would never put down anyone elses collection, just cause it wasn't to my taste, any one that does is narrow minded.
If we were all the same how boring would the world be!!

Awhile ago I had a certain member of this site, tell me my pair of Bredli, were very average and 'ok' looking and I would have done better to go through a different breeder to get a nicer one. I've had the last laugh, as my female Bredli. in my opinion would crap all over his 'high end' Bredli now

Awhile ago I had a certain member of this site, tell me my pair of Bredli, were very average and 'ok' looking and I would have done better to go through a different breeder to get a nicer one. I've had the last laugh, as my female Bredli. in my opinion would crap all over his 'high end' Bredli now

aren't you kinda doing now what he was doing then?

I only own a bluey....I don't feel anyone looks down on me....and if they did, well it is their loss.......

Come to think of it, almost everyone looks down on me as I am so short lol

On a serious note, People are people no matter where they are, what site they are on and what hobby they have etc There is always someone who is going to have something bigger and better than you, whether it be a car, house or even a job. The fact that you have let it get to you means they win. I personally would never lose a fraction of a second sleep over it. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy at my local petshop LOVES to brag about his mitchell's hopping mice every time I go in. I dream of feeding them to my jungle.. haha. Am I a bad person?

I laugh at people who keep herps for the wow-factor. Out of everything I keep, my favourite herp is my $250 atherton, rather than one of my more expensive pythons. Oh and my beardie with a bent tail!

cheers,
Lockie

hahahah! nice!

XDXDXD

no youre not a bad person.

i do the same thing when i go to a friends house and their little brother shoves little stinky guinea pigs in my face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back