Adult red jungles???????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BROWNS

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Well here you go just as I explained a black and red banded jungle,I've seen a few variations and a few other colour morphs as well,still can't beat a crackier hot black and gold,anyway here is a RED Jungle!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• P1000515.jpg
    P1000515.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 452
Awwww Browns I was expecting the yellow part to be red, if you get my drift. But that's stunning anyway. I can see what you meant in the other thread about the Darwinish appearance. They're certainly something different with that orangey-red in the bands. Were the "yellow" areas more yellow in the flesh, or more white? They look fairly pale in the pic.

just looks like a jungle cross coastal carpet to me. nice, but no where near what it was pumped up to be. definitely not worth the forum arguments that emerged in the original topic regarding this..........

Yeah I definitely know what you mean and I was wrong going off memory as I said black and red and clearly there's no black..."hypo yeah?"now after finally finding a pic that's the best I can come up with as a red adult jungle lol Who knows what's in some snakes if you don't know their history,it sux when newbies are sort of advertised to and they want the cool stuff you know like newbies buying greens and coming on here for enclosure designs etc etc........

hey i didn't pump up anything !!!!!!!!!and it's a pure locality jungle!!

Last edited:
just looks like a jungle cross coastal carpet to me. nice, but no where near what it was pumped up to be. definitely not worth the forum arguments that emerged in the original topic regarding this..........

Bretsta, this wasn't the any of the jungle specimens which were the focus of the argument. Browns mentioned it toward the end of that thread you're referring to as the only red jungle he'd ever seen as an adult.

Browns - yeah I know what you mean. It's one thing to say "hey I think I saw something like what you're talking about", and another entirely to market an animal as something it's not. I know I've said it before but striped animals are the perfect example. Sometimes you see them advertised as fully striped and by golly they are...other times you see them and there's so mnay breaks on the stripe it's sad. Being able to see the parents is always handy when you want an idea of how the animals will turn out....but you just have to hope that what you're seeing ARE the parents. What a minefield to navigate as a new keeper.

Last edited:
A different open forest morph..

Attachments

• Open Forest6 (Small).jpg
    Open Forest6 (Small).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 173
  • Open Forest3.jpg
    Open Forest3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 122
You know Browns, I've decided to be a picky cow and call that colour copper....yes I know I'm splitting hairs, but remember I'm a girl.....not only do we SEE more colours that you men, but we care about the difference more :p :lol:

You know what Kersten..Im gunna call it bronze ;)

I can see it now Copper Jungles, Bronze Jungles...the morphs are endless! lol

However Browns I like the look of that animal (whatever it may be). I am in no way doubting that is just another slightly different coloured jungle which it most probably is, but the darwinish colours look good, something different thats for sure....give me a B&G or B&W anyday though.

Being new to this forum, could you give me some backround info (or a link to some) on those animals? If the first was posted on a US forum, you'd be hard pressed to convince folks it wasn't an IJ. Cool looking critters, I'm just interested to know more about them.

Nice snake, but i think i must be going colour blind cause i can't see any red there at all :? Or is this kind of like all the black and gold jungles that aren't really a black and gold colour???

Ben

EDIT : Just read the closed thread i get it now RED = BROWN:lol::lol: it just sounds better

Last edited:
+1 bump73, i can see no red at all.

Looks a bit like this carpet from dry open forests from the tablelands west of Cairns.

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 121
Thats a very impressive looking one Colin,i love the colour like that,any head-body shots...Just like most Morelia,they are not all the same colour-patterns,when it comes to Coastals-Diamonds-Jungles etc the variation is unbeliavable.As soon as someone puts up a different looking snake that doesnt look like the normal looking,so many people jump on the Hybrid bandwagon...Theres nearly always some that are different in a clutch,lighter-darker-striped-different coloured,doesnt for one minute suggest their crosses.IMO all these names Honey Jungle-etc is one big marketing ploy......My 2cents...MARK

Last edited:
Very nice Colin.
Love that gold colour.
Its got about the same amount of "red" as the others!! sweet FA.

Looks a bit like this carpet from dry open forests from the tablelands west of Cairns.

Yep. Those snakes are the ones I refer to as intergrades along the fringe of M.s.mcdowelli and M.s.cheynei. They're not too common, and often look spectacular. I found one that was orange once (and by ornage I mean orange). Why would anyone call these red snakes when they are just a continuum on the Morelia spilota spectral rainbow?

Thats a very impressive looking one Colin,i love the colour like that,any head-body shots...Just like most Morelia,they are not all the same colour-patterns,when it comes to Coastals-Diamonds-Jungles etc the variation is unbeliavable.As soon as someone puts up a different looking snake that doesnt look like the normal looking,so many people jump on the Hybrid bandwagon...Theres nearly always some that are different in a clutch,lighter-darker-striped-different coloured,doesnt for one minute suggest their crosses.IMO all these names Honey Jungle-etc is one big marketing ploy......My 2cents...MARK

thanks craig and mark.. she has a jungle head with an upside down heart :lol: also has an X on her side and a few other strange patterns like a "deck of cards spade" and another heart. on her side.. yeah the variation in carpets is unbeleivable and thats one of the reasons I love jungles. you get such a great diverity of colours and patterns between individuals and even in the same clutches. was coming up for a shed when this pic was taken.. and she's from last season.

Last edited:

You're bang on about the variation in clutches. You see everything from a half red, half dark clutch of coastals which all end up looking "normal", to one of our jungle clutches in which every animal has turned out a different colour with wide pattern variation as well. There was what some would call an axanthic, a black and gold, a lemon, a darkish grey from memory and a "typical" atherton. Shame we gave them away, we could have made a killing marketing them as Harlequin Jungles, or het for Rainbowism....:lol:

As I, and I think even Browns mentioned before (albeit in potentially a drunken fashion :p), the shots he's posted aren't of junges being marketed to anyone as red jungles. They're what he considered to be the closest thing to red he's seen. At least that's how I read it lol. I like that coppery/orangeish/bronze colour in them....whatever the hell it is :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back