Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, if you were using an example of snakes interfering in the process of their babies birth, that would be a fair comparison. It's completely different. We as humans make the choice for ourselves, or have it made with our consent. And it's usually done only when it has to be.

I know of several cases where people have lost entire clutches cause the snakes couldn't get out of the eggs, had they have piped them, they'd all be alive now. Just cause theres a fully formed snake in the egg and it hasn't hatched yet it doesn't mean it hasn't tried. In atleast one case the snakes had no egg tooth, and couldn't slice the eggs.

But saying that I never pip unless I've seen one head.
This is the point i'm trying to make Hayden. There has to be a reason for the snakes not hatching from the egg, provided the incubation was successful. This means that the animal either has a genetic trait carried down from the parens that has prevented successful hatching OR it may be a one off mutation...in which case only that snake would not hatch.

Therefore, i question the reasoning for pipping the eggs before they had naturally been done, purely for fear of them not hatching naturally. To me this only encourages the breeding of snake with "less fit" genes that maybe should never had naturally hatched. This, IMO, is a bad keeping practice both personally and for the industry.

Just to be clear, i have no objection to people who widen, or increase the size of an ALREADY pipped egg but i personally do not believe in pipping an unpipped egg. It never hatched for a reason.......as they say.....Let sleeping dogs lie.

You must have a crystal ball in front of you to know these thing browns? Could it be that the absence of air in their lungs might be the reason for their colour. I will post pics every day from now on to show their emergence eventually.

Im tending to agree, pythons develop their colouration in the last weeks, no colouration means premature birth imo. You could be waiting a considerable time for the hatchling to break out, keeping it moist will be hard Id imagine? Good luck with them, I wait til one pips, the next day if some haven't I will pip them, each to their own, but seems a bit extreme to me,
Congrats on the clutch though, should be some crackers around this season, be sure to post up some pics hey, If you intend to price them reasonably as you have stated, they should sell well for you, and create a price precedent :)
Cheers
Adam

Cheers
Adam.

Underdeveloped at 51 days and 31.5 celcius? I knew I should have never posted photos. Opinions, opinions, opinions.

They are albinos, they lack melanin. There should not be any colour. This is why I said these eggs freak me out every season. Thanks for the good wishes Ad.

Generally like others, i wait for the 1st to appear, then pip the rest. Are we right or wrong? who knows......
Your pythons pip when you want to, its no one else's business, would love to see progress pics...........
and good luck with them.

yeah no worries CP.c.a :) your pipping work looks great, it takes a lot of patience,
when do they get their reddish/pinkish hatchling colouration?
Cheers
Adam

What does CP. c.a stand for Ad? Yeh it takes steady hands to perform surgery like that. Yes Australis, I have heard of that morph! I have not had the pleasure of hatching anything that exciting. I

You should know that C.P.c.a is not the correct abreviation. Bloody short hand. Must have had a blonde moment. Hopefully you will see the progression in colour in the following days.

I have had hatchling inland carpet pythons die full term after slicing holes in their eggs and poking their heads out. Human childbirth is a fair example, it's our choice to choose. What happened before we had ceasareans? The mother and baby died. It happens with all animals these days. Because we choose to intervene, babies and hatchlings alike have a better chance of survival. Browns: how many eggs have you seen with albinos in them and have you ever seen a hatchling without an egg tooth? I know I have not ever seen a hatchling without an egg tooth. I pip them at 51 days, I find that this method insure all of them have 100% chance of survival and no egg deaths at full term.

here is an example this was day 65 and the top one died just days of the other one coming out. the one on top is dead but it was bourn without an egg tooth, the other I piped the egg I didn't wont to loose it as well. only baby to hatch 2008.

no egg tooth died on day 65 of incubation
View attachment 107480

with egg tooth
View attachment 107481

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back