Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I give full points to Carpet Pythons honesty on the subject... it's their choice to do it and people can choose to like it or not, or buy from them or not... they don't seem to be decieving anyone.

With this topic CarpetPythons you will get a mixed response and answers.Im not saying that you have done the wrong thing or the right thing,the simple fact is its YOUR CHOICE.Finding out more information regarding the egg tooth etc would be interesting,why some lose the tooth in the first place.ETC...Have you ever used this method before,what species were they,what was the hatch rate.....All the best with those lot i hope all ends well,i hope we see all those little white worms in the future.....MARK

.Finding out more information regarding the egg tooth etc would be interesting,why some lose the tooth in the first place......MARK

If I had to have a guess it would be because it is soft from a calcium issue and not strong enough to cut through the egg shell, like a gecko that is soft and spongy, most of them die i the egg too and this (with geckos) is usually caused from the female being depleated or overheated and thus produces eggs way to fast....

We are not nearly as big as some seem to think. We just out a lot of effort into our website and made it user friendly. There are keepers on here that have massive collections. To answet the question Josh. The 3 or 4 hatchlings I lost slit their eggs and their heads were out. They pulled their heads back into their eggs and after this they never came out again. I believe that they start breathing air. They somehow manage to pull their heads into the albumin and try to breath in there and drown. I will usually cut a triangle flap into the egg. I prep through this window to see how far along the hatchlings are. If there is a lot of yolk in there I close the lid again. After day 51 I cut the window out and give the egg a slight squeeze to get rid of some of the albumin. This reduces the chance of the hatchlings to pull their heads into the albumin. I do this with all my clutches. This is my choice.

Congrats Nic...
Another species successfully hatched on the S.I.M.!!! Awesome pics of some amazing snakes entering the world... Keep doing what you are doing!!!

They haven't come out of the eggs, so it isn't successful just yet.

Dont count your chickens before they hatch......

Would be interesting to see updated pics each day until the hatchies finally emerge out of their eggs on their own.

I was in no way critical of your methods but merely putting out some relevant info for other keepers who may of decided to open eggs up early due to reading this thread.They are your eggs to do with as you please.

Opening eggs early may encourage the snakes to emerge early still with yolk attached rather than absorbing it all before emerging..

I will post new pictures as soon as I get home from work. I know you were only giving advice Ramsayi. I was not having a go. I apologise if you misinterpreted. Nobody I counting chickens. From previous experience they should be out soon.

Day 52: Heads up!!!
Heads have rotated to sit in the right position. They have started to move a lot and are opening their mouths quite a bit. Their colour is still light pink. Photos can be deceptive. I use a blunt probe to just press lightly on them to observe movement. This is more for my own peace of mind than anything else. I dont want newbies to thry this at home please!!! The first picture shows the blood vein than is attached to the yolk. When cutting the egg this is the major vein to miss. They will bleed to death if you accidentally cut it.
DSC02591.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02597.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02604.jpg

Great pics,
People will have a dig at you now for stressing them hatchies with the camera flash :D
Cheers
Adam

Hey CP.com.au,
Your eggs look like there cookin just fine. Now its just playing the waiting game. Maybe avoid assisting them out of the egg though.
Congrats

Cheers,

Dan

Absolutely awsome! A very educational thread congrats.

thanks for sharing your method CarpetPythons. your method works for you so who can really judge you for what you do. this is a really interesting thread and its great reading different breeders thoughts about pipping. looking forward to more up-dates and photos CarpetPythons

isnt pipping them your self assisting them out,lol,interesting thread,and if it works for you,thats all that counts,ive never bred pythons,only lizards,i let them pip them selves,but if a few havnt hatched after the rest have i have pipped to investigate,normally a week later,and normally to find dead babies,if yours come out you should have some stunning bubs if the parents are anything to go by,very nice

Those photos are just AWESOME!!!! You must be so excited. Congrats on their imminant arrival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back