Windows 7

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinator

Reaction score
Hey guys, can anyone thats up to date with Windows 7 and IT stuff answer a Question for me, please. Dont want to take the sales persons word for it :?

1) If i upgrade to Windows 7 will it Automatically KEEP my currently saved files, music, photo's etc

Any Additional comments about windows 7 would be appreciated cheers guys, Happy Herping :)

It is always a good idea, when installing ANY new software, to make sure you have a backup of all your existing files.

Yes it will Keep all your files

Well it did for me

They say if you are running on XP at the moment.... windows 7 is a great choice to upgrade to but if your using vista.. forget about it. Yeah it should keep all your files.

They say if you are running on XP at the moment.... windows 7 is a great choice to upgrade to but if your using vista.. forget about it. Yeah it should keep all your files.

Windows Vista will upgrade to W7 with little to no problems. I've been testing W7 at work across a lot of different systems from a few of bigger name manufacturers and have to say... well done to Microsoft. So far there has been little to no problems! Aside from compatibility issues with very, very old school peripherals..

i just upgraded from vista to windows 7 ultimate and it kept everything. i was told that if your upgrading from vista then everything stays on there, but if your upgrading from XP then it wipes everyhting and you have to start again. just make sure u back everything up and ull be sweet

You have the choice when upgrading from XP- if you want to keep your old stuff from XP- you just choose a different HDD partition to that which XP was installed on...then during the installation, W7 will automaticallly create a folder called Windows old which will have everything on there...

But I recommend you just back up what you want to keep onto an external HDD, and fresh install Windows 7

i must say I am super impressed with it- runs quicker, doesnt require days of updating drivers and looks good- the only driver I needed to manually install was for the sound card, and my printer/scanner; apart from that, it was GOLD.

Go for it.

There's always hidden stuff with this software - and in this case it's in the logo...

See - look at this!

Attachments

• Hidden Message.JPG
    Hidden Message.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back