Green enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay76

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this one of my new GTP enclosures. Thanks to jkcustoms and solar17 for designing the enclosure and I just had to add everything in there. Cheers Jarrod

Attachments

• P1020075.jpg
    P1020075.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 274
  • P1020076.jpg
    P1020076.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 287
  • P1020077.jpg
    P1020077.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 266
Looking good, I really like the tub idea. Look forward to seeing the green in there :)

What are the dimensions of the whole setup?

Cheers Matt.

Wow !

Hi Jarrod,
excellent design, your little one should love it.
Looks like you have all the bases covered for a perfect home for your new GTP.

Chills:lol:

Looks great, cant wait to see some pics of the python in there!

Looks great Jarrod:)
whats the tub in the bottom used for?

When GTPs poo there is alot of liquid with it and I can take the tub out and wash it. Everything in there can be taken out in about 60 sec so I can clean it. The rock wall at the back is fixed and water proof so I can splash water on it if I have too. The whole enclosure is 100% water proof. As you can see how the tub fits in the enclosure.

Attachments

• IMG_0425.jpg
    IMG_0425.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0422.jpg
    IMG_0422.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 102
looks great, love the tub idea. where have you hidden the air vents? are you misting by hand? what is your heat source?

looks great, love the tub idea. where have you hidden the air vents? are you misting by hand? what is your heat source?

The vents are hidden from the front. Dalbarb have a great new misting system that has a built in timer and mists the enclosure from the top abit like fire sprinklers but I havent asked the rep for one yet. I am using a reptile radiator and a habistat dimming thermostat from Brian at the herp shop. Cheers Jarrod

This is the background I am using. Id doesnt look that 3d from the pictures of my enclosure but it is.
http://www.universalrocks.com/cms_images/SHELF-WATERMARKED.gif

Last edited:
Very nice enclosure. Bet ya can't wait to get the critters in it! I'm wondering why you chose dowelling over natural perches? I've seen skin problems with younger green pythons on very uniform perches like dowl, has anyone else? The shelving at the back of your cage provides plenty of variation so I don't think you'd have a problem, but natural perches would look great!

Very nice enclosure. Bet ya can't wait to get the critters in it! I'm wondering why you chose dowelling over natural perches? I've seen skin problems with younger green pythons on very uniform perches like dowl, has anyone else? The shelving at the back of your cage provides plenty of variation so I don't think you'd have a problem, but natural perches would look great!

I agree with you 100% about the perches. I have some bamboo here but it is all smooth as well. I have coated the dowel with 6 layers of clear so they are easy to clean and the snake I am putting in it is 12 months old. I am just waiting to make sure the temp and humidity stay right over the next few days. He is the one that is going in there

Attachments

• P1010279.JPG
    P1010279.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 88
  • P1010280.JPG
    P1010280.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 101
hey jay how is the humidity going ? i too live on the gold coast and am trying to keep the humidity at a nice level but even with somthing as little as 1/2 a cup of water in the enclosure the humidity sky rockets to 98% without the cub its 44% so i have a few kinks to iron out... hows yours holding up?

hey jay how is the humidity going ? i too live on the gold coast and am trying to keep the humidity at a nice level but even with somthing as little as 1/2 a cup of water in the enclosure the humidity sky rockets to 98% without the cub its 44% so i have a few kinks to iron out... hows yours holding up?

Everything is going great mate. Cause of the hight of mine I think the water is nearly 90cm from the heat. I sprayed once today and lifted the humidity up and it slowly dropper down so I am happy with it. Cheers Jarrod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back