CHAMELEONS in OZ

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's disgusting how easy these are to get...
leopard gecko's, boas, even eyelash vipers.
all very easy to get. they are all in aus and have been for a long time.
you even get snapping turtles... they would decimate our natives if they got breeding in the wild.

it's disgusting how easy these are to get...
leopard gecko's, boas, even eyelash vipers.
all very easy to get. they are all in aus and have been for a long time.
you even get snapping turtles... they would decimate our natives if they got breeding in the wild.

Yes it is, DECC want to hunt you down if you grab a few pythons or lizards off the road, yet people are blatantly selling exotics all over the net and at every 3rd pet shop / aquarium...

To get those C.calyptratus legally held for research took many years. In the meantime the research would have been completed if the animals were sourced illegally instead of patiently waiting for the beaurocrats. It's a bit backwards.

Here is my veiled chameleon
sshh dont tell any one
[video=youtube;KMT1FLzEn9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMT1FLzEn9I[/video]

OH no i think my jokes have ruined my reputation in the herp community (I cant remember ever having one) What am i going to do with my 600 hatch lings this year

whats the best looking one to get, how big do they get, what heating and lighting is required, how much is the fine if you get caught for a pair, what are the odds of being caught, how big does the cage need to be.

these are just a few questions people viewing this thread might want to know, of course we arnt planning on getting them :lol: its illegal.....

They require perfect conditions and can be prone with various calcium problems, even worse than Beardies :lol:.... so I hear anyway...

If you have husbandry questions just look on overseas sites
Just watch out for the americans :rolleyes:

i know someone that got fined a little over $1000 for owning a couple of Corns
and they are paying it off 5 bucks a week. i hope everyone that owns exotics are very scared
because this could happen to you! So don't bother, it's not worth taking these risks.

Cheers :lol:

i know someone that got fined a little over $1000 for owning a couple of Corns
and they are paying it off 5 bucks a week. i hope everyone that owns exotics are very scared
because this could happen to you! So don't bother, it's not worth taking these risks.

Cheers :lol:

Cripes! there is a message there for everyone :shock:, that is, if your going to dabble on the dark side... get something worthwhile and you may not be able to afford that pie for morno if your caught....

It a case of keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.... By having a reptile licence they can keep track of you better. Thus many medium / large scale breeders of exotics either don't have a fauna licence at all or keep them at a different premise.

Yeah most exotic breeders keep their stuff at different houses or dont even have a licence at all..lol

I was suprised what was in the country..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back