CHAMELEONS in OZ

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I'd love to own an exotic, I wouldn't bother, it really isn't worth it when you get caught.
Hurry up and let us have them on licence Australia!! ^_^

You can keep exotic birds, fish and axolotls
And their are plenty of exhibitors that keep exos in their back yard

What if it were only some exotics on some sort of class 4 licence?

Do you think the licence system even works as it is with natives?
By allowing some way to keep and breed them will allow more people some way to do things they shouldn't...
The more people keeping a particular animal will result in more escapees, and an increased chance of them creating a feral population.

yes we do have problems and thats because its not properly regulated. Any moron can go buy a cat just like any moron can go and buy a boa now!

Thats right, and legalizing exotics would just open more potential exotic problem animals into the hands of more morons. There is no way a small Government funded office can regulate 10,000 morons with exotics.

I have seen a guy on petlink. Around here they go for about 100 dollars. Very hard animals to care for though with humidity and right cage temps. I have held one at my old house a kid was walking once with it in his hand. They hurt when they bite like this one did to me. Someone please post pics.

I think Rainbowserpent is on to something. Maybe experienced reptile keepers (after 5 or 10 years) should be allowed to aquire some exotic species, afterall they have proved them selves to be reliable, then the only problem is stopping normal people getting them, but then again thats already happening

I think Rainbowserpent is on to something. Maybe experienced reptile keepers (after 5 or 10 years) should be allowed to aquire some exotic species, afterall they have proved them selves to be reliable, then the only problem is stopping normal people getting them, but then again thats already happening

That means I would be able to get exotics. My first one would be a chameleon, and then a iguana and maybe a madagascan day gecko.

yeah & i just want a leopard, its unfair! :p

so 5 years makes us experienced? didnt know that...... I have been keeping for 6 years legally so I can get a chameleon to..... I only want a pair, dont worry I wont be selling the babys, I will just let them go in the bush where they can be happy, or dump them on the side of the road in a carboard box

so 5 years makes us experienced? didnt know that...... I have been keeping for 6 years legally so I can get a chameleon to..... I only want a pair, dont worry I wont be selling the babys, I will just let them go in the bush where they can be happy, or dump them on the side of the road in a carboard box

lol, Yeah ive been keeping reptiles for coming up to 8 years legally. Where does the time go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back