Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics :D never been bitten by a pink tongue but I have been bitten by an adult bluey and these things just hang on like a pit bull :lol:

Dan I know your pain , i had a full grown blue grab me in between the thumb and finger in that soft fleshy bit .
Held on for ages to , was bloody painful and something i dont want to do again .

Hey dan, stick ya finger further down his mouth... if you think that hurt wait till he gets his shell crackin tooth in the back of his mouth into ya!! bitten by 7mth old pinky got me with his tooth and drew blood... musta not liked the taste of blood tho as let go after blood started streaming into his mouth....PAIN!!!!!

Should have put him under the tap. They let go straight away once wet.
And before the flamers jump up & down about my comment, you can just wet the tail end (not inhumane at all)

Believe it or not, I purposefully got one to bite me about a year ago, and was sadly disappointed with the outcome. All I can think of is that is wasn't actually fully into it, even though it was putting on a good threat display :(

:lol: Same here. They pack some jaw strength for their size though.

as condro said that works... so does a little metho on a earbud.... DONT put the metho on the animal !!!! just wave it in front of their nose.... works on everything... handy to have it ready when dealing with things that like to latch on...

Hey dan, stick ya finger further down his mouth... if you think that hurt wait till he gets his shell crackin tooth in the back of his mouth into ya!! bitten by 7mth old pinky got me with his tooth and drew blood... musta not liked the taste of blood tho as let go after blood started streaming into his mouth....PAIN!!!!!
YEP I know that one all to well ..it had the side of my little pinky finger (you know the fleshy bit beside the nail) and managed to get it in the corner of its mouth up the back and bit down HARD ...I could feel my skin getting chewed and it started to bleed ..only it wouldnt let go for a few minutes ...bugger the flamers ...I gave its little snout a flick ..it let go but my poor pinky finger :cry:

hmm i have never been bitten by a blue tongue but have been bitten by a young King skink that was nothing impressive, but i have also been bitten by Amphibolurus Gilberti we called them Tata lizards,

but the larger ones of them hurt quite a bit strong bite with sharp teeth, found the trick was to relax and if you didn't move you could feel their bite soften and when it was soft enough quickly pull your finger back out, but if you move a little bit you feel them bite harder lol

It is just like a Polar Bear, they are cute and cuddly untill you try to pat the animal. I guess you can take all the precautions you can, but sometime that is not enough.

Run them under cold water or if they dont let go after a while fill up a tub of water and dunk your hand in there. After a while the lizard will come up for a breath. Nice pic though. Babys are ok but adult you feel like chopping of your finger.

Very strong jaws and very tenacious, water gets them off, like chondro green says.
I tried blowing air in its face, as you would for small pythons, didnt work,
water worked a treat, start at the tail and work up, they will let go.
Great pics

Will def. try water next time. Trouble is I was too scared to move because every time I did it clamped down harder, I was near the pool so should have dunked him in there, stupidly I was more worried about the welfare of the animal though haha. Would chlorine harm a reptile?

How does it feel to have such a tiny lizard bring you to your knees? XD Bahaha, just playing.

How does it feel to have such a tiny lizard bring you to your knees? XD Bahaha, just playing.

You have to experience it ;)
Not exactly pleasant, I received a fair amount of s.h.i.t from my uncle who as taking the pictures, but once it was off me I offered it his finger, he ran.

You have to experience it ;)
Not exactly pleasant, I received a fair amount of s.h.i.t from my uncle who as taking the pictures, but once it was off me I offered it his finger, he ran.

Hahaha that would have been equally as funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back