Frog ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cougars

Reaction score
I was just in Darwin and came across this little fella at the Darwin Water Gardens. I thought it was a Cane Toad? They're was a heap of them in a small area of garden. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• Darwin 190.jpg
    Darwin 190.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 263
AHHHH!!!!!!!! cane toad! Freeze it!

Sorry if I over said it lol

Thats no Cane Toad!!
You can see its a frog of somesort.

I cant tell if its a cane toad from that shot, but if it is, they are so cute when there little have you got a side on shot? also whats the southest place they are commonly found?

Another pic. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

• Darwin 192.jpg
    Darwin 192.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 170
Oedura are you sure that photo you posted is a baby cane toad...?

This is a tough one, doesn't look like the baby toads I see.. they are warty with shoulder glands and all.

yeah its a fresh morph- they would not stay like that for long

I would hate to see it now, I was up there before the mass arrived, we saw so many monitors, frillys, dragons, was the best place, going back now would be to depressing, so untill toads are gone I dont thin I will ever bother.

Yeah Territory biologists say its just depressing, the mass die off of many predatory species has hit the place hard. Replaced them with fat ugly toads. Goannas, pythons and quolls are among the hardest hit. I hope the green tree frogs are coping, they really made Darwin quite special :)

Have a look at the "Cane toads" thread
Apparently cane toads have no impact on native fauna :rolleyes:

It definitely looked different to the link Oedura posted

Thy will look different at stages of development
And juvenile lack the classic Cane toad glands

Yeah i was shocked at the lack of reptiles up they're..It was 35 deg every day,But even a night time drive to Fogg Dam I only saw one small Water Python,Plenty of large Cane Toads though.I saw a few Mertens at Buleys rock pool probably wont be they're too much longer...A real shame:(

Yeah i was shocked at the lack of reptiles up they're..It was 35 deg every day,But even a night time drive to Fogg Dam I only saw one small Water Python,Plenty of large Cane Toads though.I saw a few Mertens at Buleys rock pool probably wont be they're too much longer...A real shame:(

you talking about blueys rock pool (or whatever its called) at litchfield national park? that was my favourite place up that way, though we flipped the car in that national park :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back