Eastern bearded dragons this morning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
This morning i was out and about looking for MD carpet pythons in my area. Well, as usual i didnt see any MDs, but i will certainly keep looking. I have new tips and ides from fellow members to follow.
While i was out there looking, i did find 3 eastern bearded dragons though. Although theyre not what i was looking for exactly, these things are a fantastic reptile to see in the wild, and they just love basking on fenceposts!!!

Attachments

• beardy1.jpg
    beardy1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 55
  • beardy2.jpg
    beardy2.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 127
  • beardy3.jpg
    beardy3.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 46
  • beardy4.jpg
    beardy4.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 142
  • beardy5.jpg
    beardy5.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 127
And here are a few more.

Attachments

• beardy6.jpg
    beardy6.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 114
  • beardy7.jpg
    beardy7.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 31
  • beardy8.jpg
    beardy8.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 118
Are you sure its not a Pogona vitticeps?... y'know, I'm forming an opinion based on the general stereotype that only Centrals are coloured and Easterns are boring and dull....

By the way, I know its an Eastern ;).. a great looking one at that

I made this one 1024px X 768px for my wallpaper, so i decided to upload it here incase anybody else wants it for there wallpaper. Just open the full size image, right click on it and either save it, or set it as wallpaper.

Attachments

• beardy wallpaper.jpg
    beardy wallpaper.jpg
    627.8 KB · Views: 40
Love the one on the post
I did not know EBD got that colorful

Thanks rocket and oedura, theyres actually 3 different dragons there, in no particular order. I dont usually use the manage attachments button, this is the first time, and i havnt figured out how to group the images together properly yet!!

Speaking of colour, as i dont know huge amounts about these reptiles, this might be a stupid question, but is it possible that they can change there colours slightly according to there surroundings?

Thanks rocket and oedura, theyres actually 3 different dragons there, in no particular order. I dont usually use the manage attachments button, this is the first time, and i havnt figured out how to group the images together properly yet!!

Speaking of colour, as i dont know huge amounts about these reptiles, is it possible that they can change there colours slightly according to there surroundings?

Most definitely. They cannot change their colours to the extent of the exotic chameleon or similar, however, they can change subtly to help disguise themselves in their surroundings. Otherwise, its a reflection of mood and body temperature, from what I've observed...

nice shots, I love the yellow on them, I find that as soon as you disturb them for a shot, they go all dark coloured, but all road kills will be really nice colours, it seems they go nice when they are sleeping or relaxed, dark when trying to warm up or annoyed.

Thanks Rocket. This is the reason i asked. The photo on the left is the first photo i took of the first dragon i found, before i even got to where i was going. I snapped this as soon as i got out of the car, and the second photo is the last photo of the same dragon. I wasnt sure whether it had changed its colour slightly, or if it was the different light and camera angles. These photos are straight off the camera, totally untouched.
Another reason i asked, was because up until about 2 or 3 weeks ago, the grass was still pretty green around here and the beardies were darker, now with the hot spell it has dried right off and gone brown, and all of a sudden the bearded dragons are all yellow!!LOL the same colour as the dry grass!!!

Attachments

• colours1.jpg
    colours1.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 36
  • colours2.jpg
    colours2.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 31
Thanks ryan and dragon lover.
Dragon lover, they were taken in the wangaratta area, in N.E. Victoria.

Sweet, I was curious as they are a slightly different type and colour to the EBD's in Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back