...for JasonL

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Although not the best of pics...you'll get the idea.

As promised to Jason in another thread (which I doubt he remembers), here are some photos of animals which seem to drive his hatred for us South Aussies (and concerned Victorians).

The weather down here of late has been scorching and the balls of fluff certainly don't like it. This involves moving them to cooler regions of the yard, using ice bottles, water bottles, large ice blocks and the use of water sprays, misters and the local sprinkler (as water wasteful as it sounds, its more water-usage-friendly than you'd think)...... I've noticed some interesting behaviour they exhibit when they overheat: they sit like a human on their lower back exposing their 'lesser fur covered' bellies with limbs and tail outstretched with exhausted facial expressions, thinning of the fur on their tails as opposed to their usual bushy tailed appearance and upside down hanging from the branches in the breeze that runs through the enclosure.... just thought I'd add that in...

Anyway, here they are:

hahhaha, cool.... yes, I would love to keep a few of the fury critters.... but even if I could I would still dislike you SAers :lol:

very nice, I wish we could keep a variety of mammals in nsw, I would love a little wallaby, a bilby or a bandicoot a quoll, some dunnarts and a few possums and gliders, there all so cute. used to be interested in mammals before herps but switched over lol.

re ...for

Decc would rather you keep cats ryan

awesome little critters, do you breed them?

Hey Andy,
So far, no, I haven't bred them. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if they do or don't, I feed them interesting enough hust the two of them. Are you interested in buying some?

Funny Jason i thought you liked me LOL!

Nice Shawn. long time no see.

They are adorable and very very cute.

Will get some one day ................

Nice Rocket, I've got a couple of pairs of the sugars too, they are awesome little critters. The weather over here has been kinda hot, but they seemed to cope pretty well so far. Earlier this year when it was really hot in late Jan / early Feb, I was spraying them with water, ice blocks, etc. Fingers crossed mine might be breeding very soon, but like you I'm just happy with the adults whether they breed or not.

Hey Greg,
I've noticed from previous threads that you can actually get yours out and enjoy their company, in contrast, mine are the devils in the disguise of ''cute little fruit-eating balls of fur and yelping fun''... wanna trade ;)?..

I'd love to see some photos of yours, care to share?

I find it ridiculous that you can keep exotic pest's such as cats, but not natives such as Gliders of any sort in QLD or NSW, if they escape, the worst that could happen is they will increase the population! If a cat escapes, the best that can happen is it will get hit by a car before it decreases the population of any natives, people need to re-think the laws!

Keeping captive bred animals legally would also decrease poaching!

I find it ridiculous that you can keep exotic pest's such as cats, but not natives such as Gliders of any sort in QLD or NSW, if they escape, the worst that could happen is they will increase the population! If a cat escapes, the best that can happen is it will get hit by a car before it decreases the population of any natives, people need to re-think the laws!

agree 100%

As far as I understood, QLDers were able to keep them under Exhibitors permits...?

I also agree 100% with this statement.

However, have to take umbrage at the Cats statement. The debate about cats is similar to the debate about guns...Irresponsible owners cause a lot of problems for both parties.

We have a burmese cat which is basically an indoor cat. It can go out on the balcony by itself...any outside play time is under supervision only...this is not so much that we fear for the wildlife (tho given half a chance she would probably go a bird) but more for her own personal safety as burmese are renown for getting run over...they are intelligent cats but dont seem to have the street smarts of moggies.

All the issues of pet ownership (whatever the species) comes down to responsible ownership...unfortunately we need draconian laws to cover the irresponsible owners...If governments understood how much damage cats/foxes/pigeons etc did none of them would have been brought in..however, the flood gates have opened and it is difficult to close this...also the "cat lovers" are a strong bunch and would be difficult to ban them now...I would like to see a phasing out of general cat/dog ownership and perhaps a licence system similar to natives with any issues of irresponsible ownership investigated and action taken. (we have licencing for cats/dogs with chipping but it doesnt go far enough to ensure responsible ownership).

In place of this perhaps a relaxation of the native species to be kept...how about a bilby in place of a cat? Or in areas where they are native a Quoll but would be hard to tame one of them I reckon.

That's true about cats.
I have a cat, she is an outdoor cat though and has never touched anything other than a mouse. The only thing she does outside is sit in the sun, pee and crap.

She's too old for that now anyway. The closest she has come to harming a reptile was when she sniffed my Carpet Python.

I really did not intend for this to become a debate about cats...

Anybody else have Sugar Glider photos..?

Hello,

Wats the rules and regs regarding captive native mammals between the states?

Are SA restricted to gliders & hopping mice, or can you have a grey and so forth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back