marbled velvet gecko size

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckos_are_great

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just wondering who on here has the biggest marbled vevet geckos and what the average size that they grow to.also how large of a tank will i need for just one. pictures would be great.

This is the largest one I've ever seen. It was at the expo last year. He actually climbed up my arm and sat quietly there for a bit. It was probably the length of my hand.

I have 2 marbles, and they are in a 60x40x40 URS enclosure. This pick was taken a while ago. I've now got a gecko cave attached, and other hiding places. I just need to work on a slate stack type thing for them to hide in. I think I have a boy and a girl, so I wouldn't be adding more to this enclosure. They do like their own space, although I do catch them on the odd occasion sleeping together in the gecko cave.

Attachments

• DSC03149.jpg
    DSC03149.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC03289.jpg
    DSC03289.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 286
The URS or Exo Terra tanks are pretty ideal. S long as you add the extras, heat, lightinf etc.

in winter up here the average temp is between 5-10 degreese could i just use a heat mat to heat them or will i need a light

in winter up here the average temp is between 5-10 degreese could i just use a heat mat to heat them or will i need a light

Are you talking "light" light or a "heat" light?

Cos I use a red heat globe in a dome above the enclosure. This gives off heat and semi lights up the enclosure but I don't use any fluros as my geckos are nocturnal and don't require UV light. If anything it makes it better to watch them as bright fluro lights can scare them, and they actually spend some time out and about during the day under the red light.

If you're using a heat mat that is fine for warming. But if you're inquiring about lights for viewing purposes the geckos wont stay out with fluros on. They may, but if they see you coming they'll run and hide.

yeah i know that there nocternal so could i just use a purple globe for veiwing and a heat mat for warming

Some people may disagree
But if ur going to have a heat mat and a night light only have the night light on for bout half the night as geckos will be more relaxed in pitch black.
Iv found the red lights are to bright and the purple ones will b better 4 the gex

Yeah I only have my red heat globes on during daylight hours. When the sun goes down the heat globes go off! But I have a window near by that lets in some light at night so if they do come out I can still see them without annoying them too much with direct lighting. But I find the red heat globes don't annoy them too much during the day, they still come out every now and then to visit. Usually if it is very quiet down that end of the house. I can sneak in to see them, but hubby makes too much noise and they hide from him! hehehe

does anyone have some pictures of there marbled velvets on theres hands to sorta show there size?

This one of my fat tail Oedura marmoratas Darwin locale
He is only a yearling so has still got some growth in him
As you can see he is about to slough so il try and get another pic tonight after he has
My female is gravid so hopefully il have some little ones soon

Attachments

• 100_1261.jpg
    100_1261.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 164
Half an hour after sloughing
This gex is so cool, he will just sit on my hand and let me take as many photos as i want, he will also allow me to hand feed him as well

Attachments

• 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 178
wow thats a nice size. do u have any pictures of them on your hand for comparisen

doz anyone have some picture of southern spotted velvet geckos on there hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back