Beardie sleeping in water

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Greenthumb

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I checked on my beardies just before and found that one of them was asleep in its water bowl (4l ice cream container cut down)
The water level was about an inch deep
I freaked out and got him out expecting him to be dead (his head seemed to be below the water line) and to my joy he was just a bit sleepy
I usually only have the water in their a couple of days a week but im never leaving it in overnight again
Im writing this thread so no-one makes this same mistake
Also does anyone know why he would have done this?

Many dragons sleep in their water bowl. Mine used to sleep in there- head submerged fully and all. I just left him alone, and he was always fine.

my beardie did the same thing...I thought he was dead....its only a shallow dish so only his belly and legs where in it....his head and tail were sticking out .....
he was cold but like urs only asleep.....he only did it once....mine is outside all the time.
So like you I dont know why he did it either.

U would think that they would avoid cold places to sleep
Or maybe they are tired, go for a quick dip and the cold makes them fall asleep?

One of mine sleeps standing up on her hind legs with her belly against the glass sliding doors. I think this would be the coolest thing in the enclosure, so maybe they were looking for a cool spot and the water bowl was it!

I'm afraid I'm not. The first time I did it, I woke him up and moved him away, but he kept going back in there, so I just left him alone in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back