Info on breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
Hey guys

I would like to know if thers any web sites or like info like a guide on breeding bearded dragons I love my 2 bearded dragons have 1 male pygmy bearded dragon and 1 central bearded dragon and at some time down the track id love to breed beardies.

So i thought I should do as much research as possible before I even get females for my beardies I can imagine its not a easy process to breed and look after them in the beginning this is why I would like to learn as much as i can and do the right thing.

I know afew members on hear have experience with breeding beardies so if you could help me in the right direction with lots of info I would really appreciate it.

its pretty easy just cool them in july introduce them after a month of coolin and let them go from there i just laid my first two clutches about a month ago and they where introduced a month before

Just remember ur goin to have 50 odd (she will probably have 3 clutches) mouths to feed and ull need multiple enclosures as ull have to separate them due to domination
You should not sell them under 8 weeks unless the buyer as experience with hatchlings so by the time u factor in enclosures, time and food u will be lucky to break even

Can u keep a male and female in a 4ft enclosure all the time together also info about like incubating and stuff id like to find out about aswell like temps and other info id need to know.

I'm not really in it for the money I have fallen in love with beardies they are awesome and so cute I guess its like a new hobby.

Can u keep a male and female in a 4ft enclosure all the time together also info about like incubating and stuff id like to find out about aswell like temps and other info id need to know.

No, the male will constantly pester the female for sex. She will need a break, especially after laying eggs. Best to only put the male and female together for a short period (few days at a time), that way the female can concentrate on eating and growing eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back