HELP cane toad south syd

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf

Reaction score
hey i have a friend that lives in south syd that just found a cane toad and wants to know if she needs to report it and where to do that .

ill see if i can get some pic as well

Contact FATS

Yes, first make 100% sure it is a cane toad, many people think the first large ugley brown frog they see is a cane toad, then if it is hand it in to FATS or one of it's members to dispose of... Sometimes Toads come down in timber and such goods that are trucked down from Qld ect...

One thing you can do to determine if its a Cane toad,lick the skin,if you have no affects,then it wasnt a cane toad,if it was,seek medical advice.......MARK

Hi guys..Im the person lonewolf was referring to. Well not me exactly but my mum who is a queenslander,so she knows a canetoad when she sees one. So i wild say 99.9% its a caney..

Thanks for the input! where is FATS and how do i contact them?

Jason..u dont happen to have a sister Teressa by any chance? lol Random q i know!!

So any news on our cane toad ? You know you guys are welcome in keeping it ,we banana benders have plenty to spare ;)

a lot of people get U. Fusca mixed up with baby cane toads, they do look very similar. will be curious as to if it is a toad or not. if it is probably came down in banana box or brought back by some people and let go

my mums blonde roots and have just surfaced.. she asked me if its an animal or a reptile..Um ***??

Pretty sure reptiles are animals mum..and fyi its an amphibian!! lol

Man I was just waiting till cane toads made an apperance in Sydney, man I just hope they don't have the chance to make it to the Alps and kill off the last of the corroborres in the future :|

Man I was just waiting till cane toads made an apperance in Sydney, man I just hope they don't have the chance to make it to the Alps and kill off the last of the corroborres in the future :|

There have been many found in Sydney

I highly doubt they would survive the cold conditions of the Australian alps, they seem to be always spreading west along the top end, but they are not commonly found down south, I do not think they are gonna spread further south then they have, they have been found for years at port maquarie, but go an hour south and you will not see them at all, I don't think they can handle the winters down here, so they are not really spreading much like they do up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back