URGENT HELP NEEDED, Dehydrated bearded dragon, un able to move, but still alive.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not good mate, if you want a hatchy you can grab a freebie off me, I have some here atm that should be reasonably coloured.

I am so sorry to read this. There is something good that came from it though, you will never allow this to happen again as you will always make sure any shade cover is totally secure and, so many other keepers have learnt how harmful heat can be to our herps and will be vigilant in ensuring their herps don't overheat. Rocky, thank you for sharing the out come with us. Don't beat up on yourself over it too much (I know easier said than done) you were not aware that the shade had blown off so to be fair it really was a tragic accident and not your fault.

Awwww....so sorry ROCKY ...dont beat yourself up about it ...you took very good care of him and we all knew you loved him alot ,as you spoke of him a fair few times ...it is a lesson learnt by all that read this thread ..and as was said be 1000% sure ..all the best ,I know if you take up Jason's offer it wont replace your mate ,but it will help you move on ...

Not good mate, if you want a hatchy you can grab a freebie off me, I have some here atm that should be reasonably coloured.
Good on ya JasonL.
Nice to see someone that is willing to do something like that for someone else.

Sorry to hear about your loss Rocky.

Rocky thats so sad. u have loved that dragon for so long now. i remember u always talking about him and pics and stuff. i know what its like to loose a dragon. i lost a 7 year old beardie a couple of years ago and it breaks ur heart. specially if they are ur very first reptile.
all the best mate
mel.

Aaaawwww Rocky that is so sad!!

I had some of the babies out yesterday and even with shade by the time they had been out there for 15mins they were in the shade at the top of the branches holding their mouths open to cool down.....

Poor you, feel bad for you :cry:

So sorry to hear it, mate. I've been keeping a close eye on this thread hoping for good news. R.I.P 'lil fella.

So sorry Rocky, it's such a sad thing when that happens, he was obviously a well loved pet, RIP little guy. It was a genuine mistake, no-ones fault, you did all you could. He is at rest now. Hope you take up the offer of the freebie little one, it's the best thing you could do right now, might not feel like it at the moment, but take the offer, and you'll see what I mean.
thoughts are with you

Cam I'm so sorry to hear that the little guy didn't make it, I'm sure almost every experianced reptile keeper has made a mistake like this at some point.
Don't beat yourself up about it, everyone makes mistakes.

RIP Mr Beardie.

Dam so sorry to hear about that Rocky

Im spewing i was at work and didnt see this thread earlier i may have been able to help, there is a product that i keep in the fridge at all times, its like a elecrolite replacement solution for animals that i keep made up here at home. Its like a snakey gatoraid but with heaps more in it. That would have helped the dhydration issue if crop fed every hour after the issue, but it also sounds like there would have been a fair amount of heat stroke possibly causing brain damage. I had a jungle die of the same thing awhile ago cut me up pretty bad so learnt all i could about it.

Learn from it and next time (i assure you there probably wont be lol) you will know exactly what to do.

cooked alive, what a nasty way to go..:(

RIP beardie..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back