Black blue tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jewfish1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about black blue tongue lizards (not the blotched). A guy in a reptile shop said he had one and they're very expensive to buy. Never heard of them but I'm new to keeping lizards. Does anyone have one? Some basic info please on habitat etc. When you search on the net, info on blotchies comes up. Was he having me on? A photo would be great if they do exist

Yep they are the melanistic bluetongues they look great, just out snake ranches website they have a few i think

i think snake ranch sells them..check their site..:)

They are exactly like normall bluies. Yes they are very expensive and one day i hope to own one!! go onto snakeranch.com.au and they have some on there.

Thanks. Will check out the site for any pics. Don't want to buy (not now anyway) but just curious as I've never heard of them before. Guess its a cross-breed?

Nope they are pure eastern blueys, with excessive melanin which makes them black..

Ben

anyone else besides snakeranch breeding albino's, blacks, or RP's?

Not sure Jimmy might be a few private breeders, but i think they are the only ones that breeds Melanistics and albinos in massive numbers, i heard they are working on a new project as well, a peppermint or soemthing should be interesting

peppermint??? lol wow that brings all sorts of crazy images to mind. cant wait to see the outcomes.

i had my first encounter with a black bluey a few weeks ago at a pet store in brissy. i had no idea they came in goth! :lol:

absolutely beautiful blueys indeed.

just checked out the snakeranch site. WO/W. What an unusual skink. Would make great company for my easterns. How pricey are they on the market?

no clue, but i asked the store owner about the one i saw and he said it was in the high double to triple zeros :shock:

My girl is due to drop any day. I'll be offering blacks for $1100 and hets for $550.

HetBlack2-1.jpg

Black2.jpg

Thanks everyone. I'm convinced that black blue tongues really do exist and I'm probably not in a position to buy on at the moment.

In the pics I've seen and I must admit are stunning, the head of the blacks seems to have more of the shape features of the alpines or shinglebacks as opposed to the easterns. Then again, they're so black I'm probably not seeing them clearly.

To all the black bluey owners out there, you are a trully privileged few.

If anyone else has any pics of theirs, would love to see.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back