HELP cane toad south syd

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should contact FATS and National Parks and Wildlife (DECC) both organisations are interested in any cane toads that turn up down south. There are a few Cane Toads reported from the Sutherland Shire mainly around Taren Point and they come down in trucks from up north.

I don't consider it likely they will colonise the Alps but they could move further south than Port Macquarie if the conditions suit them but I don't think they will reach the densities they have in Queensland and the NT.

If its definately a cane toad, it should be killed. One of the results of human intervension with nature.

I don't believe its uncommon for them to turn up from time to time by artificial mean, even as far south as Sydney..

I recently found a green tree frog in a bunch of bananas I bought at Coles

Should let you all know I called Taronga zoo and was given some good advice which was to take the frog back north which I did when I went to Nambucca heads. He was fine when I left him. Unfortunately the zoo wasn't too interested in taking him

Should let you all know I called Taronga zoo and was given some good advice which was to take the frog back north which I did when I went to Nambucca heads. He was fine when I left him. Unfortunately the zoo wasn't too interested in taking him

that is not really a good idea, you have risks of infecting wild populations, you are releasing it somwhere were it might not have come from.

thats the worst thing u could have done!!!!
Why didnt you just call FATS like i told you
whats the point in asking for advice if u dont listen

Just to clarify. I released a green tree frog that I found in a bunch of bananas, not a cane toad. Think the frog might not have survived in Sydneys climate. If I found a cane toad I'd terminate it. True I didn't know its origin but they are very common up north

Thats just as bad!!!!
If anyone finds a frog/s call FATS or SOFAR, if they cant come to ur area then they will tell you who can
Releasing frogs into areas they are not from is aiding the spread of chytrid fungus
(a fungus which is killing of our frogs like the corroborie frog )

hey yea i live in the sutherland shire too and have seen a few
at the reptile expo they said they see alot in engadine?
they cant breed this far south tho

hey yea i live in the sutherland shire too and have seen a few
at the reptile expo they said they see alot in engadine?
they cant breed this far south tho

I'm not surprised you think that. In face Rick Shine thought the same thing until it was reported and confirmed that they CAN breed this far south and are currently breeding. See
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/07/20/2958999.html

Heaven help us all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back