Various Pics from that last download - 2.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonL

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Here are a couple of interesting pics staight off the camera...
First up are some Beardies hatching.... the tub wasn't moved or opened during the incubation process and look how they have hatches... small amounts of heat and / or moisture levels can have remarkable effects on eggs eh?
zzz-21.jpg

Second pic is of a Lucasium occultum female with some freshly laid eggs.... tiny tiny eggs too!
zz-27.jpg

Then a few pics of my Devis Bandeds... great snakes they are :)
z-34.jpg

zzzz-15.jpg

zzzzz-17.jpg

zzzzzz-13.jpg

Great pictures again Jas,love those Devis,looks as thou they all lined up to get photo taken.Do you always leave a egg container with eggs and never open til they hatch,or you just wanted to see any affects etc....female gecko is sweet,cant imagine how tiny the babies would be once they hatch...MARK

Great pictures again Jas,love those Devis,looks as thou they all lined up to get photo taken.Do you always leave a egg container with eggs and never open til they hatch,or you just wanted to see any affects etc....female gecko is sweet,cant imagine how tiny the babies would be once they hatch...MARK

Yeah, I have a large incubator crammed with eggsof many species including lizards and snakes, I just leave them be to hatch out on their own. These days I don't write dates on anything unless it is something that hasn't been bred very often, and with common geckos I just throw all the eggs of mixed species into 1 large container as they hatch.. I don't know whats in their untill it hatches..

Nice pics of the devis,they are looking really good mate.

Those occultum eggs must be near impossible to handle when transferring them into their incubating container! Do you incubate them in a medium or just in that plastic container? Nice pics Jason.

Those occultum eggs must be near impossible to handle when transferring them into their incubating container! Do you incubate them in a medium or just in that plastic container? Nice pics Jason.

They would of been fine but were slightly stuck to the container so I just threw the whole thing into another container and we'll see what happens

I dont want to risk anything, with my first eggs, i still keep worrying about if they have the right conditions for incubation even though i know they do, lol.
Also what causes eggs to stick?

They are designed to stick, so they can stick into a clump or stick to an object (such as geckos) to prevent them from rolling during incubation

Perkins Paste? or Clag?? No idea, it's part of how the egg shell reacts and dries after it's been laid, I have no idea of the chemical formula that make it bind to things..

Perkins Paste? or Clag?? No idea, it's part of how the egg shell reacts and dries after it's been laid, I have no idea of the chemical formula that make it bind to things..

I used to love eating clag in primary school ......

Nice pics , took your time with the Occoltus mate ;)

i tried mine a few nights ago 1 ate , others not that keen , but they will eat one way or another .

So are you sharing the geckos around with the guy who suggested you breed them... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back