The saddest news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marksmates

Reaction score
My first clutch is hatching and i've been on cloud nine all day. just checked in on them again (they are in a fridge incubator) and the one that was fully ou and running around has died.

There are more hatching as we speak and i'm terrified they will die too.

Would should i do?

maybe suffication it should have some fresh air or the lid not completely shut so air flow gets into the tub. maybe make another tub up with a few holes in the side and put the eggs on a damp paper towl in the new tub and leave them in the incubator till all have hatched

They r beardies. Maybe he suffrcated, the lid was on. but we have been airing it. I'm thinkig of putting them into the tank i have set up for when they hatch wih the lid off????

I don't have any advice, But good luck!!

Don't take them out straight away. As long as you're airing the container, if they hatch in the late arvo, they'll be right (or should be) til a.m. If any look a bit off once out of the incubator, pop them in a very shallow bowl of h2o with paper towel in it a few times a day, or mist them with water. If they come out lively, they shouldn't really die - unless they haven't eaten all the egg yoke, but u can normally tell which ones these are.
Good luck with the rest, & keep us posted:)

These things happen, they would not of meant to survive, as sad as it seems.

Could have just been a weak hatchie.
Im not sure if you did this, but never help them out of the egg at all!
They usally take 3 to 12 hrs to fully come out of the egg.
They pip the egg & put there head out then breath through there mouths.
Then they lay there obsorbing the yolk for 3 to 12 hrs, then come out.

Jason

Thanks so much for the info. Three more have hatced. Not sure o proper terms but they all broke the egg yesterday. Stayed there a few hours each and then came out, running around an stuff. One more has died overnight and the other two are ive but seem sluggish.

I will try putting them on paper towel and water. Thanks lollypop.

Ok did t hat. He sat quietly on the paper then when i went to get him off he ran of his life. But is looking sluggish again straight away.

Have you been giving the mum lots of calicum? via, Natural sunlight, calicum powder, and this liquid calicum stuff. They all are good supplements, just the egg might have not got enough calicum that why they are dying, which is really sad to. Good luck to the rest of them.

Yes lots of calcum before she layed.

They have now seemed to have come to life and are running around silly.

Thank you

If u've got a couple died, might be a weak clutch.
Can u run thru the setup u have for the babies, might be something there?
Just leave them in the water, they'll get out themselves, then if they look sluggish still after 2-3hrs, pop em back in - just make sure their little heads are free - u can also slant the bowl so the water is only down one end, which their bottom then goes in - does this make sense?
Gee, I hope the littlies survive, it's really traumatic for u poor thing!:(

They seem to be doing so well should i wait and see before doing that?

Being they werent to good when should i give them the baby woodies?

Thanks for all your help

If they're doing good, yeah, just leave them.
Try feeding this morning & again this arvo - they might not eat yet, but better to give them the chance. Feed twice a day if u can, & don't forget the finely chopped veg.
Great to hear they're doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back