Woma missing, need ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read you can put the mice next to a heat mat. Is that what you're doing? Hope you find your bub!

i had a woma escape once and found it curled up on top of some books on the forth shelf of a bookcase
so dont forget to look in the places it should not be in as they can surprise you

my first ball python got out 3 times everytime i found her under the washer once and dryer twice. Found a redtail boa behind micorwave.The funnest one was my first jungle after three weeks my wife found it when it fell from the bathroom light fixture one morning.She not the snake person I'am.Scared the hell out of her.

Dizy has been found!! She was in amongst my hubby's remote control car parts. Wasn't there last few times we checked either. She was hungry and thirsty, so obviously hadn't taken either the food items or the water we left out in spots for her.

We are just so happy to have our baby back........ Even though it's 5 am lol

Thanks to everyone for their PMs, ideas and support when she went missing. You have been awesome

Well, I'm really happy for you! You must have been sick over it, and I'm glad she turned up :D

We were devastated when she went missing, the relief that we got her is unbelievable. She is our first and our baby lol My son will be ecstaric, he's been calling me 3 times a day to see if we got her. We worked out that he had closed the doors, but there was a small gap that she pushed through. It's now double and triple checked and has a better lock now too.
Thanks so much for the kind words :) :D

congratulations :D :D
My childreni has escaped a few times but never gone out of my room...on the wires behind the cage each time so always easy :)

congrats again, i know the feeling when they just disappear, must be 100x worse when you can't find them again :S

Excellent news :D That's great to hear. I am sure she's happy to be back in her enclosure, although it won't stop her wandering the next time she seizes the opportunity.

I still haven't seen any sign of Wolley :( He's been gone 6-7 months now.

A question.
At what point do you enter into your record book that you have lost a snake?
We lost one one for 15 minutes once and I had someone carrying on because 'you are supposed to record it' and 'doesn't matter if you found it pretty much straight away'
Does anyone know what the go is? Should I be looking in my license paperwork because the answer is in there somewhere? I haven't done that.

I hope you find Wolley, it's devastating when they go missing. We are going to be a lot more vigilant with the doors and locks now.

I didn't record Dizy's disappearance, although I would have if she hadn't shown up by the end of the week. I didn't know you had to unless they weren't found after a period of time

make a lot of noise in an area you think she might be and see if she comes out they are stickybeaks oh and check fishtanks and surrounds. they like watching fish and such.

make a lot of noise in an area you think she might be and see if she comes out .......

:lol: Ha! Yeah very funny. Vibrations along the floor can stress them too so I would be cautious in that respect. But noise? Make as much noise as you wish. They will completely ignore you. :p

Thank you comicwolf. I am not holding much hope for Wolley returning but I still have not entered him in my records. I will wait until my books go in next year, and then I still don't know. I don't want to scratch him off and then have him turn up. If he turned up after a year, I'd know him because of his colour.

What happens if you record one as escaped and it turns up? That's a question I might send to National Parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back